TRACE Group is looking for an Intern – Music department
Position based in Johannesburg
Assist the marketing and programming manager in daily tasks:
Assist Sourcing and selecting music video content for Southern Africa for TRACE urban & TRACE Africa
Assist with allocating music to all the different chart shows for the TRACE channels
Update the Electronic Program Guide (EPG) for all TRACE channels
Must have a good knowledge of urban culture (Pan African level)
Must be clued up about the local scene and artists
Must be a self-driven and goal orientated with ability to work independently
Must thrive in a fast paced and pressured environment where tight deadlines and turnaround times are the norm
A Degree in Media /TV studies (or studying towards)
Prior Experience in the music industry (record label, radio) / media is a bonus
Computer literacy (powerpoint, excel etc,..) is essential
Strong knowledge of and passion for music is essential (African & international)
This is a 6-month paid internship opportunity
The company is based in Rosebank (Johannesburg)
CONTACT: Please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com
TRACE Group is looking for a Videographer/Graphic Designer
Position based in Johannesburg
Start date: 2018.02.01
This position tells our audience stories using Graphic Design and video skills to create, produce and deliver short, highly shareable videos and visual concepts and images to communicate information and ideas. Must be an active consumer of web videos as well as a proven creator of videos that build audience. Must have shooting and editing abilities as well strong visual design skills.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
Visual Communication, Journalism, Graphic Design, Multimedia Design, Art Graphic Design, Web Design, or a related field or equivalent experience that demonstrates great visual storytelling skills.
Minimum of 3 years of recent experience in video, graphic design or multimedia development. Required Experience in posting to the web and meta-data tagging Strong web, video, and multimedia authoring skills and emerging technologies
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and audio and video editing software. Handy with professional audio gear and set ups.
Self-starter and a multi-tasker demonstrated ability to manage and meet production timelines.
Understanding imperatives of multiple platforms – print, mobile, Internet, television etc.
Mastery of social media and digital interaction. Understand short and long form narrative structures.
Experience with multiple screen formats (desktop, mobile, etc.)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for conceptualizing short and impactful ideas with an eye for audience engagement. You will be responsible for visually communicating ideas through a combination of art and technology. Daily deliverables will include:
– Meeting with clients and taking briefs to interpret the concepts they want to communicate and note their requirements
– Determining strategies to deliver a clear message to a particular target audience
– Preparing layouts or mock ups of a design using illustration, text, photography, colour and computer-generated imagery either by hand or using computer software
– Presenting designs for client approval and feedback
– Preparing designs for digital or print publication
– Videotape material for production using the appropriate equipment making creative and technical decisions
– Edit and assemble final visual/audio material ensuring consistency and relevance, monitoring technical quality of the end product
– Advise on the relevant equipment to purchase relevant to the fulfilling of this job
Contact: Please email your cv & cover letter to Valentine Gaudin-Muteba: firstname.lastname@example.org