Trace and the Gauteng Film Commission presents to you a creative opportunity for up and coming Filmmakers.
Stand a chance to win the opportunity to create your own Documentary worth R25 000.
How to enter:
- Stand a chance to win R25 000 to make a documentary that will be broadcast on Trace platforms
- To enter all you have to do is create a short 30 second video based on the cultural influences of music in Gauteng.
- Upload your 30 second video onto www.trace.tv
- 5 x candidates will be shortlisted to move to the next stage in which they will be given R3000 stipend to create a 30 second video about iconic Gauteng music and culture themes.
- The 5 x candidates 30 seconders will be put up on the Trace website and our audience will be encouraged to vote for their favorite.
- Trace and Gauteng Film Commission will select the best of the top 5 taking into consideration audience votes.
- The winner will win the grand prize of R25 000 to work on either 4 x 1 min videos or 2 x 2 min videos
- The winner’s video will be flighted on all Trace platforms
- Terms and conditions apply
Read these competition rules carefully. These competition rules (“rules”) explain your rights and duties in connection with this competition. If you take part in this competition and/or accept any prize, these rules will apply to you and you agree that the promoter(s) can assume that you have read and agreed to be legally bound by these competition rules.
|Competition Name:||TRACE x GFC Competition|
|IMPORTANT DATES AND TIMES:|
|Entries open:||Entries open on 2nd of April 2021|
|Entries close:||Submission entries close on the 25 February 2021 @ 11:59:59pm. The promoter(s) reserve the right to extend the competition by amending these competition rules. Notice of this will be posted in these rules. All entries must be received by us before the closing date and time.|
|Winner’s to be notified||Once the 30 second video submission has been closed.
5 x candidates will be shortlisted to move to the next stage in which they will be givenR3000 stipend to create a 30 second video about narrative that showcases fashion influences as well as music. Celebrating fashion diversity in South Africa, the campaign seeks to highlight the importance of music in fashion and speak to the impact South African fashion has had on the creation of music.
The final number one winner will be notified via telephone and email within 10 working days of the draw taking place. If the draw is postponed for any reason, the new dates will be published on www.trace.tv
Please refer to General rules at the end of the Terms and Conditions.
|Prize and rules for receiving Prize:||There will be 1 (one) prize winner who will be eligible to receive the following prize (All costs mentioned will be charged to the allocated budget of R25 000::
Should the winner be under 18 years of age, he/she must be accompanied by a guardian.
|Eligibility: Who qualifies to take part?||
|Who cannot take part?||
|How to enter?||
|How will winner(s) be chosen?||Once the 30 second video submission has been closed, the 5 candidates will be shortlisted to move to the next stage in which they will be given R3000 stipend to create a 30 second video about iconic Gauteng music and lifestyle locations.
Date of 30 second video production and approval process for the 5 x candidates: Between May-June 2021
The 5 videos will be flighted on the Trace TV channels
The final winner will be notified telephonically and via email within 10 working days of the draw taking place. If the draw is postponed for any reason, the new dates will be published on www.trace.tv
The winner will be notified via telephone and email. We will attempt to telephonically contact the drawn winner at least 3 times. If we are unable to contact the winner within 24 hours, the prize will be awarded to the next eligible winner.
|How will winner(s) names be announced?||Winners will be announced on www.trace.tv should they consent to such publication.
Please note: While prize winner/s may be asked to take part in publicity for the competition, prize winner/s have the right to refuse to do so. Should the winner/s provide permission (in writing or recorded telephone conversation), the name will appear on www.trace.tv , TRACE South Africa Instagram, Facebook and Twitter pages.
GENERAL RULES THAT APPLY:
- You agree to indemnify the promoter(s) fully for any loss or damage the promoter(s) may suffer because you breached the competition rules. This means you agree to reimburse the promoter(s) for the following: any loss or damage they suffer, any expenses and costs they paid or are responsible for. Legal costs means costs on an attorney and own client scale.
- You also agree to indemnify the promoter(s) for any loss or damage you suffered because you took part in this competition or used the prize. If you enter yourself, or use or accept the prize, you understand that you do so of your own free will. This means that you cannot hold the promoter(s) legally responsible for any loss or damage or legal expenses you suffered because you took part in this competition or used the prize.
- You will protect the promoter(s) from being held legally responsible for the loss or damage or legal expenses of another person (legal or natural) if such loss or damage or expense was incurred because you: a) breached the competition rules b) took part in this competition or c) and such person used a prize.
- You acknowledge and agree that TRACE (PTY) Ltd will not be liable for any injury, death and/or harm of whatsoever nature that you may sustain in accepting and using the prize, howsoever caused.
- If the promoter(s) are not able to get hold of you after making reasonable efforts to do so, or you do not claim your prize on time, you will lose your prize and the judges may award it to someone else.
- If you fail to comply with any part of these rules you will be disqualified and you will forfeit any prize(s).
- Unless we say otherwise you must be 18 years old to enter.
- The prizes may not be sold or given to someone else.
- You may not attempt to do anything to change the outcome of the competition in any way.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. This means you cannot appeal any decision by the judges.
- The promoter(s) have the right to end this competition at any time. If this happens you agree to waive (give up) any rights that you may have about this competition and agree that you will have no rights against the promoter(s).
- The promoter(s) reserve the right to change the rules of the competition. The promoter(s) can change the rules of the competition throughout the duration of the competition. For convenience only, the date on which these rules were last amended will be shown below the heading. It is your responsibility to check the rules for amendments.
- The clauses in these rules are severable. This means that if any clause in these rules is found to be unlawful, it will be removed and the remaining clauses will still apply.
- Where any dates or times need to be calculated in terms of this agreement, the international standard time: GMT plus two hours will be used.
- While the promoter(s) may allow you extra time to comply with your obligations or decide not to exercise some or all of our rights, or waive certain requirements, the promoter(s) can still insist on the strict application of any or all of its rights at a later stage. You must not assume that this means that the rules have been changed or that it no longer applies to you.
- Participants acknowledge that, should they win such prize, any and all ticketing/accreditation provisions applicable to such an event shall apply. You are solely responsible for fully complying with such provisions and must meet at all times all criteria contained in such provisions or risk forfeiture of the prize.
- Participants in the Competition understand and agree that, in order to offer the Competition, we may collect and use personal information about participants. This personal information may include participants’, first name, last name, email address, mobile number and in certain instances your image. Personal data, which participants provide when they enter the Competition, may, subject to prevailing law, be used for future marketing activity, unless you notify us that you wish to opt out of receiving such marketing communications. We will treat your information in total confidence and will not sell, share or rent this information to any other third parties. We may disclose information if required to do so by law or if it is required to protect the safety, rights or property of TRACE, our members, customers or the public.
- You must send all legal notices to TRACE TV, 7 Keyes Avenue, Rosebank, Johannesburg
- This competition and its rules will be governed by the law of the Republic of South Africa regardless of where you live or work, or where or how you enter.