Calling young South African Women in Music!
Are you an emerging band or artist? This is your chance to be spotlighted as a Women in Music Summer Hit Maker and release your latest single with Paradise Sound System PLUS stand the chance to win a music video with Trace Southern Africa!
All you need to do is submit your entry by the 25th of February 2022 with your band or artist info, music & links and convince us your next release is a summer hit! The #SearchingForParadise jury will shortlist the best 12 artists & bands and the jury will choose the final 12 winning songs.
One of these 12 songs will stand a chance to win an all-expenses paid MUSIC VIDEO decided by a jury selection.
Who can apply?
Artists, producers or bands:
● South African residents who are women identifying
● Unsigned artists & bands with original ready to release music
● Artists & Bands should play a genre that is accessible to a wide variety of people, this includes but is not limited to house music, afro-pop music, dance, electronic, urban
● Artists & bands ensure that their lyrics and ‘on stage messages’ will be free of any discrimination based on gender, race, religion, etc…
● Music should be original content with no samples/adaptation How to apply? Bands should apply online via serachinforparadise.com by 25 February 2022, midnight CAT. Each band should submit at least one mastered song or audio (.mp3) format. What can you win?
● Each winner will have the opportunity to be part of the #SearchingForParadise
● Winners will receive coaching sessions from TRACE, WIMSA and Paradise Sound System about how to develop your career as an independent artist. ● One of the finalists will win a music video which will be decided by way of public vote.
● Winners will be informed in 15 working days by email and/or by telephone. Important information By submitting your application you agree with the following Terms and Conditions:
● The music you have submitted is your original work and free from samples, audio
● You confirm that you hold the right to licence the submitted track, song or work (mp3)
● By entering this competition, you provisionally agree to standard licence terms presented by label partner Paradise Sound System as part of the #WIMSASummerHits Compilation.
● WIMSA, Trace & Paradise Sound System have the right to publish and disseminate my name, picture and voice, and biographical information about me, any means for the purposes of information and advertising and publicising such Compilation. In no event shall my name be used in connection with any product or service other than the #WIMSASummerHits compilation.
● It is also understood that if the artist/band is selected to take part in #WIMSASummerHits they shall take all necessary steps in order to understand and sign the said licence agreement making us able to distribute product to online stores and agree to comply with any official request by Paradise Sound System, WIMSA & Trace, such interview requests. Practical information
● Paradise Sound System will cover the cost of the #SearchingForParadise EP artwork & promotional material.
● One song will be selected for a music video out of the compilation. This selection will be subject to the Jury’s decision but based on the overall public support of the individual songs on the compilation.
● Artists & bands are expected to attend coaching & training workshops organized by Paradise Sound System end November 2021 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
● Please note that by submitting your application you consent to the processing of your personal data. The information collected will be confidential and processed exclusively in the context of the #WIMSASummerHits Compilation project, and will be used for that purpose only.
● The release of the compilation is scheduled for by end of February 2022.
● The music video will be chosen 4 weeks after the release, production will take place in February for release by end of March 2022.