Trace, the leading afro-urban media and empowerment platform, in an effort to help in the fight against the spread of Covid-19 have launched “Stay” – a campaign aimed at keeping over 350 million viewers in 162 countries indoors.
“As an international media platform that speaks to millions of viewers each day, we have a responsibility to play our part in helping limit the spread of this virus. “Stay”, is our way of taking responsibility by providing entertainment that will help keep our viewers indoors and most importantly ensure that they are educated and informed, so that they can make the right day-to-day choices in the fight against Covid-19”, says Olivier Laouchez, Trace Co Founder & Executive Chairman.
Over the next month the campaign, “Stay Home – Stay Trace – Stay Happy”, will aim to target mainly young people, encouraging them to stay at home and find happiness and empowerment through Trace’s various new, extended and engaging programming via a number of platforms.
Trace is offering a free 1-month subscription to Trace Play, their online on-demand content platform that offers instant and unlimited access to 24 live TV channels, 100 live radio channels and more than 2,000 on-demand programs.
he online platform includes additional Trace music channels such as Trace Tropical and Trace Sports Stars along with video on demand content such as Sports Stars ‘The Burning Issue’, sitcoms like ‘Brothers with No Game’, music shows such as ‘Skip Skip’ and ‘Trace Live’ a show that airs live performances from artists like Flavour, AdekunleGold, and Yemi Alade.
Users can use the promo code “FREE” when visiting https://traceplay.tv/redeem/coupon to activate their free 1-month subscription. Once redeemed, users can enjoy TracePlay on their laptop or download the iOS or Android app and enjoy the best afro-urban entertainment on their smartphone or tablet.
Trace fans can look forward to TV content that is new, extended and engaging via DStv on Trace Urban, Africa and Gospel channels.
- Artists Takeover, local artists such as K.O, Ayanda Jiya, Cool Prince and Locnville, to name a few, will take over Trace TV channels, every two episodes a week, giving audiences a taste of their favourite music videos.
- House of Trace, is a new show that will bring local DJ’s to your home via two exciting editions, the Amapiano Edition every Friday from 18:00 PM (starting 17 April) and the YFM YTKO Edition every Saturday.
- Love Amapiano? Catch exclusive mixes from the likes of ThackzinDJ, Boohle, Vigro Deep, MFR Souls, DJ Stockie, MVD, JazziDisciples and more on Fridays on Trace Urban (18:00) and Trace Africa (21:00) via a solid 2-hours of nothing but hits.
- Love YFM? Tune into the sounds of YFM’s YTKO DJ’s every Saturday on Trace Africa (17:00) and Trace Urban (19:00). Expect the best hip-hop and house hits from the likes of Da Kruk, Legendary Crisp, DJ Candii, DJ Zan D, Lebza The Villain and DJ Zero.
- Stay blessed on Trace Gospel with one-on-one interviews with international personalities such as Erica Campbell, Kenny Lattimore, Faith Evans and more via Trace Gospel’s Glitz, Glam & Gospel (Monday’s at 09:00) along with We Love Gospel (Tuesdays at 09:00), in-depth interviews with international artists about their love for Gospel music.
- Your Voice, a new social TV format, that gives all Trace viewers a mic to share their stories with the world. Viewers can look out for the topic of the week on Trace social media platforms and share their thoughts on it in a 60 second video. Videos can be submitted to www.trace.tv/yourvoice. The best videos will be broadcast on Trace channels and social media.
“In addition to the entertainment, we would like to offer an additional R20 million in free TV, radio and online airtime to governments and health institutions to help drive the message home of sanitizing, social distancing and staying at home. This equates to R40 million, that we are hoping will make a massive difference in educating viewers”, says Trace Co Founder & Executive Chairman.
Don’t let the lockdown keep you down, tune into Trace via DStv on Trace Urban (325), Trace Africa (326) and Trace Gospel (332). To keep up to date with all of the entertainment on offer on all Trace Channels, visit www.trace.tv.