- His older friends would tease him, calling him “baby” because his mom always checked on him. The name stuck, hence “Lil Baby.”
- Lil Baby attended Tri-Cities High School in East Point, Georgia – the same high school as the legendary hip-hop duo OutKast.
- Lil Baby is signed to Quality Control Music, a record label based in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Lil Baby sat down with GQ to show off his unreal jewellery collection.
- During the initial stages of their life, Lil Baby and his friends were involved in petty crimes.
- Blxckie is originally from Durban, South Africa where he was born and raised.
- In 2020, Blxckie found himself “stuck” in Johannesburg when the country went on a 21-day lockdown, but later said it was a “blessing”.
- In early 2021, Blxckie was named Apple Music’s Up Next artist.
- Blxckie’s album B4Now was nominated for album of the year and his single “Ye x4” was nominated for Song of the Year and best collaboration at the South African Hip Hop Awards 2021.
- Blxckie won Freshman of the year at the South African Hip Hop Awards 2021.
- Polo G launched a clothing line called Polo.G Capalot.
- On February 14, 2020, Polo G released the track “Go Stupid”, with rappers Stunna 4 Vegas and NLE Choppa.
- Polo G Real Name is Taurus Tremani Bartlett.
- Polo G was born on January 6, 1999, in Chicago, Illinois.
- Polo G’s net worth is $2.5 million.
- He broke his neck when he was a toddler
- He dropped out of school in 8th grade
- he was arrested on allegations of assault, weapons violations, and kidnapping
- He was raised by his grandmother
- He has four sons with three mothers.
- Chloe Bailey played a young version of Beyoncé in The Fighting Temptations.
- From 10 years old Chloe Bailey wrote her own songs.
- Chloe Bailey learned how to play the piano and do productions from YouTube and Google.
- Chloe Bailey has been growing out her hair since she was a child and has remained adamant about not changing it to please others.
- Chloe is vegan and dedicated to a healthy lifestyle.
- Costa Titch is originally from Nelspruit, Mpumalanga, where he was born and raised.
- Costa Titch was part of a dance crew, New Age Steeze, with Phantom Steeze and Tumi Tladi.
- Costa Titch’s Costa’s breakout single ‘Nkalakatha ft Riky Rick and AKA had more than 900k views on YouTube in just six months.
- Costa Titch’s real name is Costa Tsobanoglou.
- Costa Titch has choreographed the DSTV Mzansi Viewers Choice Awards.
- Moneybagg Yo’s fourth album, ‘A Gangsta’s Pain’, was released in April 2021 and became his first chart-topping project.
- He released his third album in January 2020 entitled, Time Served, which debuted at #3 on the Billboard 200
- MoneyBagg Yo released 3 more mixtapes in 2016, which won him the Memphis Hip-Hop Award for Mixtape of the Year.
- MoneyBagg Yo, whose real name is Demario DeWayne White; Jr has fathered 8 children mothered by 2 different women.
- The production of his mixtape ‘2 Federal’ was handled by members of the American record production & songwriting team ‘808 Mafia’.
- Jack Harlow has french and Irish origins
- Jack Harlow started writing and recording when he was 12 years old
- he takes inspiration from Quentin Tarantino, Alfred Hitchcock, and Martin Scorsese in his music videos.
- Jack Harlow worked at Chick-fil-A before becoming famous
- His favourite colour is purple
- Adedamola Adefolahan popularly known by fans as Fireboy DML is a Nigerian artiste born on the 5th of February 1996.
- Fireboy DML is signed to Olamide’s YBNL records as a replacement for Adekunle Gold.
- After Fireboy DML’s secondary education, he proceeded to the Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-ife, where he studied the English Language.
- Fireboy DML started and completed his primary and secondary education in Abaeokuta, Ogun State Nigeria.
- Fireboy DML’s net worth is around $100,000.
- Black Sherif is a Ghanaian musician
- Black Sherif was named artiste of the year at the recent 2021 edition of the Emerging Music Awards
- Black Sherif has also received a plaque by Boomplay in recognition of his song ‘Second Sermon’ having earned over two million streams
- He is the first Ghanaian to ever reach Number 1 of the Nigerian charts.
- In April 2022, he came into the spotlight for his song “ Kwaku The Traveller” which did numbers on TikTok
- Cordae studied mass communications at Towson University in Maryland.
- Cordae first gained national attention for his creative remixes of OG classics. His remix of Eminem’s 1999 single, “My Name Is,” went viral in May 2018.
- Cordae has often been referred to as a “middle child” in the hip-hop community, bridging the generational gap between rookies and OGs.
- Before he became a rapper, Cordae took a number of odd jobs. The most notable was his position at a local T.G.I Fridays in Maryland.
- He considers Dr. Dre to be one of his mentors who he grew up listening to and then got an opportunity to link with the legendary producer in the studio.
- Post Malone was born as “Austin Richard Post.” He chose his stage name “Post Malone” with help from an online rap nickname generator.
- Post Malone would DJ at weddings as a college student in Syracuse. This kept him up to speed on all the evolutions going on in the industry.
- Post Malone’s senior class voted him “Most Likely To Become Famous.” This was after he had already started recording and releasing music at age 16.
- Post Malone is known for his array of tattoos. His first tattoo was of the Playboy Bunny.
- He has given himself a number of tattoos himself. He has also done tattoos on several of his friends.
- Cassper Nyovest dropped out of school in 2006 at the age of 16 to pursue hip hop.
- Cassper Nyovest started as Jabba’s (HHP) hypeman, which gained him lots of exposure as an artist.
- Cassper Nyovest was one of the first South African artists to fill the Dome with 20,000.
- Cassper Nyovest’s Orlando Stadium concert drew 40,000. Cassper’s FNB Stadium concert attracted 68,000 fans, further cementing his influence.
- In 2015, Cassper Nyovest partnered with AG Mobile to release an inspired and partly designed phone named AG Hashtag.
- Kendrick Lamar was a straight-A student growing up.
- Kendrick Lamar wrote most of his No. 1 album ‘DAMN’ in his mum’s kitchen.
- Kendrick Lamar is a born-again Christian and makes many references to his religion in many of his songs.
- Kendrick Lamar’s father was a member of Gangster Disciples while the rapper’s wider family is said to be connected to the notorious Bloods gang.
- Glass Animals met at 13 years old at secondary school in Oxford and began playing together as a band in 2010.
- Glass Animals’ song ‘How To Be A Human Being’ had huge success in America and Australia and has so far sold almost half a million copies.
- In 2010 Glass Animals played their first gig at Oxford’s Jericho Tavern, the same place Radiohead played theirs.
- Bayley, who also produces the band’s music, was studying for a medical degree in London when he realised Glass Animals were taking off.
- Glass Animals hooked up with the Joey Bada$$ on the standalone single ‘Lose Control’.