- Nasty C has an extra toe on one of his feet
- He was influenced by his older brother, a music producer and started rapping at the age of nine
- In March 2020, Nasty C signed a joint venture deal with Def Jam Records and released his third album and his first on the label titled Zulu Man With Some Power
- He featured with American singer/songwriter Ari Lennox on his single “Black and White”
- One of his main international idols is T.I and they have more than one song together
- Smino is the founder of the musical collective Zero Fatigue with Bari, Monte Booker, Jay2, and Ravyn Lenae
- Smino is signed to Downtown Records and Interscope.
- His real name is Chris Smith Jr.
- His mother was a singer and his father was a pianist. He is the cousin of singer Drea Smith
- Smino’s birthday falls on October 2, 1991
- Pharrell was discovered by musician/ producer Teddy Riley
- Pharrell worked at Mcdonald’s when he was younger.
- In ’03 Pharrell produced 43% of songs on the radio
- His nickname in high school was ‘Skateboard P’
- Pharrell picked up two awards at the 2004 Grammys
- The 20-year-old South African songwriter and musician Will Linley has made a big impact with his debut single ‘miss me (when you’re gone)’.
- Will Linley’s song ‘miss me (when you’re gone)’ has already reached 1.5 million streams and picked up 5 million views on TikTok.
- KFM DJ Darren Simpson has already described Will Linley as South Africa’s answer to Justin Bieber or The Kid LAROI.
- Will Linley grew up singing with his three brothers and his mum and studied classical singing in high school.
- Will Linley plans to continue to collaborate with Noble and the ‘miss me (when you’re gone)’ video director Abongwe Booi.
- Black Sherif is a Ghanaian musician
- Black Sherif was named artiste of the year at the recent 2021 edition of the Emerging Music Awards
- Black Sherif has also received a plaque by Boomplay in recognition of his song ‘Second Sermon’ having earned over two million streams
- He is the first Ghanaian to ever reach Number 1 on the Nigerian charts.
- In April 2022, he came into the spotlight for his song “ Kwaku The Traveller” which did numbers on TikTok
- Justin Bieber was able to play the drums at only two years old!
- Justin Bieber’s mother, Pattie Mallette, was reluctant to let him sign to Scooter Braun simply because of his Jewish religion.
- Justin Timberlake and Usher battled to sign Bieber after hearing his great vocals!
- If Justin Bieber didn’t grow up to become one of the biggest stars in the world, he would have been an architect.
- Justin Bieber’s dad used to be an MMA fighter, his dream was to manage other fighters and possibly get back into the ring.
- Kentucky-born Jack Harlow is one of the most hyped new rappers of 2020.
- He’s also been called derivative and criticised for tracing over hard-edged rap styles with a frat-boyish freehand
- After racking up around 250,000 total views on YouTube as of 2016, his 2017 project, Gazebo, was immediately met with a very positive reaction by fans and celebrities alike; launching his career to another platform.
- Harlow was even a guest performer at Genius’ very own IQ/BBQ and was later named to the 2020 XXL Freshman list,
- His shot to stardom reached a peak it had never seen in 2020, as his song “What’s Poppin” acquired features from Lil Wayne, DaBaby, and Tory Lanez and made it to the Top Ten of the Billboard Hot 100.
MAJOR LEAGUE DJZ
- The twins have hosted parties for 50 Cent, Akon, and Fat Joe They have also performed on the same stage as some international artists such as Kanye West and Kid Cudi
- They are famous for being the leaders of what is known as the “New Age Kwaito” music
- The twins have done a lot of weekly mixes on Khozi FM and Mafikeng FM
- Their father was a pianist and he grew up with Bra Hugh in the same street in Sophiatown
- The 5th episode of the 3rd season of their Amapiano Balcony mix has close to 6 million views on Youtube
- She is of African, Trinidadian, and Indo-Asian descent
- Nicki Minaj’s Parents are Gospel Singers
- She was fired as a waitress at Red Lobster for being rude to a customer
- Nicki Minaj was a Broadway star long before her career as a rapper
- She Was One of TIME’s 100 Most Influential People in the World
- Master Kg was born on January 31, 1996, in Tzaneen, Limpopo.
- Master Kg’s birth name is Kgaogelo Moagi.
- He is also known as the pioneer of “Bolobedu” dance.
- Master Kg began playing with beats a thirteen on a computer his late uncle gave him.
- Thanks to the success of the Jerusalema anthem, Master Kg signed with Warner Music Group’s Elektra France.
- Her date of birth is January 4, 1998
- She moved from Columbia, South Carolina, as a child to Tennessee
- She was only nine when she landed parts in several big Disney Channel movies and shows
- She is the daughter of former NFL player, Mike Jones
- By the time she was six, she was already performing in front of actual real-life audiences
- In 2019, Kodak was arrested for weapons possession and was sentenced to almost four years in prison.
- His birth name was Dieuson Octave however he changed his name while in prison
- Bill K. Kapri, better known as Kodak Black, was born on June 11, 1997
- Kodak Black has a son named King Khalid
- Kodak Black had 24 permanent gold teeth surgically removed from his mouth in June 2017
- Kendrick Lamar was a straight-A student growing up.
- Kendrick Lamar wrote most of his No. 1 album ‘DAMN’ in his mum’s kitchen.
- Kendrick Lamar is a born-again Christian and makes many references to his religion in many of his songs.
- Kendrick Lamar’s father was a member of Gangster Disciples while the rapper’s wider family is said to be connected to the notorious Bloods gang.
- In May 2022, Kendrick Lamar has earned his fourth No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart with Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
- Ed Sheeran did not earn his license until he was 24 years old but owned a car.
- Ed Sheeran wants to raise his kids in the same town he was raised in.
- Ed Sheeran started off by singing in the church choir at the age of 4.
- Ed Sheeran learned to play the guitar at a young age as well and even released an EP at age 14.
- Ed Sheeran moved to London when he was 16 in 2008 and performed over 300 live shows in 2009.