- Musa Keys studied Sound Engineering at Damelin but he dropped out while he was in his second year.
- At 14 years old, Musa Keys produced his first song.
- Talent management agency T Effect has signed a contract with Musa Keys, alongside his company Top Tier Entertainment.
- Musa Keys is widely known for his singles ‘Samarian Boy’ featuring Sir Trill and Nobantu Vilakazi, which has amassed more than 5 million views on YouTube since February 2021.
- Musa Keys has worked with a number of top local musicians including DBN Gogo and Major League DJz.
- Wiz Kid first started singing at 11 years old under the stage name Lil Prinz.
- The first album Wiz Kid released was with a band he formed called Glorious 5 and sold 10,000 copies.
- In April 2012, E.M.E signed a joint deal with Wizkid with Akon’s Konvict.
- Wizkid’s first International Collaboration was with Akon on ‘Don’t Dull’ the Remix.
- Wizkid is the first African pop star to perform/sell-out Royal Albert Hall in London.
- Kanye West actually own multiple Burger King franchises across Europe
- Kanye West Lived In China For A Year When He Was 10
- Kanye Mixed ‘Stronger’ 50 Times Before He Was Happy With The Final Edit
- He Is The 8th Most Successful Artist In Grammy Awards History.
- Kanye’s Design Company DONDA Is Named After His Late Mother
- Mthunzi is originally from Hammarsdale in Kwazulu Natal
- He signed under El World Music
- He got his name from his grandfather, “uMthunzi wokuphumula amatshitshi namajongosi, which means, “a place of rest for the maidens
- His debut album “Selimathunzi” comprises of 16 tracks
- Nicki Minaj released her own mobile game called ‘Nicki Minaj: The Empire’ in December 2016.
- Nicki Minaj started her music career in a rap group called Hoodstarz. There were three other members in the group – Lou$tar, Scagg Beezy and 7even Up.
- Nicki Minaj has a tattoo in Chinese written on her left arm that reads “God is with me always”.
- Nicki Minaj is acrophobic, meaning she is afraid of heights.
- In 2013, Nicki Minaj earned $12 million as a judge on season 12 of “American Idol,”
- His greatest musical influence is Tyrese
- One item that Lucky Daye can’t live without is socks
- He is about 5 feet 8 inches in height
- He worked as a writer for Keith Sweat’s album ”Just Me” and Ne-Yo
- He made his first tour with Ella Mai in 2019
- BIA was one of 5 female rappers featured on Oxygen’s Sisterhood of Hip Hop show.
- During Ariana Grande’s Dangerous Woman Europe Tour, BIA was one of the main supporting acts
- Bia is now an official recording artist for Pharrell’s record label, “I Am Other”
- Her favorite restaurant in Massachusetts is Chinos, a Haitian restaurant in Brockton
- She is of Puerto Rican and Italian descent
- Siyabonga Nene known professionally as Big Zulu was born on 7 April 1987 and is 35 years old
- Big Zulu used to work as a taxi driver until 2008 when he decided to dive into the music scene.
- He won the King of Rap contest in 2013 at the Back to the City event.
- To some, Big Zulu is known as the undisputed rapping “inkabi pantsula”.
- He has managed to transform a word associated with crime “inkabi” meaning a hired gunman into a cool terminology that is lighting up the entertainment industry
- Also known as Skhanda Gawd, K.O is a South African hip hop artist, businessman, rapper, and songwriter
- Ever since K.O rapper came into the scene in 2005, he has partnered up with major acts like AKA, Cassper Nyovest, and Sjava
- After graduating, he was unemployed for 2 years before his mother forwarded his CV to the South African Police Service, but he did not go for the interview
- In 2005, Ntokozo formed the band Teargas together with Ma-E and Ntukza whom he had met at university.
- Reece Madlisa is a professional rapper and musical artist.
- Reece Madlisa is ½ of AmaPiano duo Amaroto
- He currently has a following of 959K on Instagram
- His birthday is on 7 September
MAJOR LEAGUE DJZ
- The Major League Djz twins have done a lot of weekly mixes on Khozi FM and Mafikeng FM.
- Major League Djz has decided to become the ambassadors for the McDonald’s Street Rhythm campaign.
- Major League Djz favourite artists are Sjava and Nasty C, Zonke and Nadia Nakai.
- The estimated net worth of Major League Djz is about $200,000 – 500,00$
- The Major League Djz twins were born on January 3, 1991.
- Manu WorldStar is 23-years-old and grew up in Johannesburg.
- He is a South African-born Congolese hip hop artist.
- He featured on Vuzu‘s reality TV show, ‘The Hustle’ season 2.
- Manu WorlStar is signed to Sony Music.
- He has 13 number #1 spot and counting for hit single Nalingi, on key radio & TV charts in territories such as the UK, Nigeria, Botswana, Zambia and South Africa.
- He is the first artist in Africa to get a YouTube Silver Button
- Nasty C was heavily influenced in his sound by his older brother who was once a producer.
- In 2019 Nasty C was the only South African artist nominated for a BET Hip Hop award in the Best International Flow category.
- From the beginning of his rap career, Nasty C has been influenced by hip hop greats such as T.I.
- Nasty C’s role model is none other than our very own AKA. Nasty C got to meet and open for him in 2013 at his Alter-Ego nationwide album launch.
- Love Nwantiti has picked up 3.5 million streams in the UK, helping push it into this week’s Official Singles Chart Top 10 at Number 9.
- CKay has revealed he hopes to become as big as fellow Nigerian artists Wizkid, Burna Boy and Davido.
- Ckay is a Nigerian singer-songwriter and record producer signed to Warner Music South Africa.
- Ckay was formerly signed to Chocolate City, a member of Warner Music Group independent label services ADA.