18 NOVEMBER 2020
- Benny Blanco is a stage name for rapper Benjamin Levin.
- He owns his record label and is a famous songwriter and musician.
- Benny was sent to guitar, piano and drum lessons, where he learned many types of music since the age of four.
- He was later diagnosed with ADHD.
- After listening to Naz cassette when he was five, he was in love with hip-hop.
- His single Phumakim broke the record when it hit a 100 000 downloads within just three hours of being released online
- He’s recorded 500 tracks over the past 10 years
- Cassper wishes to someday have a one-on-one with the late Tupac Shakur because he believes that Tupac lived an honest life and didn’t care much about what others thought of him
- One of Cassper’s fears is being misunderstood and is not necessarily worried that the fact that he’s outspoken could get him into trouble
- Cassper’s favourite favourite place to write is in his bedroom as he spends most of his time there
- He quit doing gqom music. We have been enjoying the albums and ep’s that dj Maphorisa and Kabza have been releasing lately and it seems we’ll still hear more from them since Dj Maphorisa announced on twitter that he no longer does Gqom music anymore.
- He was involved in the production of “Ngud – Kwesta ft Casper Nyovest” and “Suited – Shekinah”
- He co-produced “one dance” by Wizkid and drake.
- He never did any sport. Maphorisa shied away from playing any sports and used his free time to focus on his music throughout his school career.
- He produced “Ytjukuta – Uhuru”
KABZA DE SMALL
- Kabelo Motha known by his stage name Kabza De Small was born in Mpumalanga, but grew up in Pretoria.
- He kicked off his journey in the entertainment industry as a DJ in 2009. He released his first album ‘Avenue Sound” in 2016.
- Kabza De Small has collaborated with the likes of MRF Souls, Gaba Canal, Afrosoul Sax, Josiah, Kopzz Avenue, Tribe Franko, and many more artists in Amapiano.
- DJ Maphorisa and Kabaza De Small released TWO EP and both titled Scorpion Kings 1 & 2.
- Kabza took to social media to share visuals of him surprising his friend with a Minni copper in December 2019
- Aka’s favourite songs to perform on stage: don’t forget to pray, angels, the world is yours and caiphus song.
- Ka is not a huge fan of opening for international acts, the rapper, however, revealed that he’d open for Kanye West if given the opportunity
- Aka was part of a rap band called entity
- Aka has his own scholarship in collaboration with the SAE institute and bridges for music, which covers the full year tuition for SAE’s full-time higher certificate in sound production at their cape town campus
- They have made beats for Juice WRLD’S “Lucid Dreams” to Drake’s “blue tint.”
- Group member TAZ TAYLOR was still in high school when the group was created by Nick Miraz
- Nick Miraz wants to create a documentary that shows their mansion and work
- They both started selling beats individually on the internet
- They met on Miraz’s live stream on twitter
- Benn Gilbert Kamoto (born 14 June 1990), better known by his stage name Gemini Major, is a Malawian-born South African record producer and singer-songwriter
- He was signed to Family Tree Records, a South African independent record label
- Gemini Major finished high school in 2007 and graduated in I.T. in 2009.
- The same year, he moved to Durban, South Africa to pursue his dream as an artist and record producer.
- His portfolio includes production used in TV shows such as Gold Diggers, Forever Young and Mo Love.
- His entire name is Nsikayesizwe David Junior Ngcobo. His stage name was given to him by the first producer he ever worked with.
- He was influenced by his older brother, a music producer and started rapping at the age of nine.
- His first mixtape was released in 2013, when he was just 16. It was titled One Kid a Thousand Coffins.
- The album Bad Hair was made available for free on Audiomack due to a sample on one track which couldn’t be cleared before the release.
- His mixtape, Price City features artists like Breeze, Blacksun, Erick Rush, J-Arrow, SMM, Dynasty and Tantrik. It had 21 tracks.
- Also known as Hood Baby, he is recording artist notable for his 2018 album Hood Baby and for his collaborations with rapper Lil Uzi Vert
- They worked on songs together called “Heavy Metal” and “Hercules.”
- He began creating songs at a young age, including one he made with his brother called “Trap Bunkin.”
- He got his stage name from Mazi Gotit, a nickname he once used inspired by him “having everything.”
- His birth name is Semaja Render. His brother is Lil Keed.
- Atlanta hip hop artist who became known for singles such as “Blicky Blicky” and “Fetish” before dropping a second mixtape titled Trapped on Cleveland 2.
- His friend Rudy was murdered.
- He had been rapping before the tragic incident, but he began to take rapping seriously after it occurred.
- He signed with YSL Records and 300 Entertainment.
- He is the older brother of Lil Gotit.
- French Montana is originally from Rabat, Morocco.
- When he emigrated to the U.S., at age 13, he was coined with the nickname “French” because he could speak Arabic and French.
- “Montana” came later in his adult life as a street hustler, which is a nod to drug kingpin Tony Montana, played by Al Pacino in ‘Scarface.’
- French and Trina are close friends
- In 2012, Montana traveled to his native homeland of Morocco to reunite with his long lost father. The New York rapper hadn’t seen his dad since he was 13 years old.
- His birth name is Bashar Barakah Jackson.
- In a Genius interview, he stated that his artist name of Pop Smoke is a combination of Papa (a nickname given to him by his Panamanian grandmother) and Smoke Oh Guap (a nickname given to him by childhood friends).
- In April 2019, he released his breakout single, “Welcome to the Party”, the lead single of his debut mixtape, Meet the Woo (2019). The song was later remixed, featuring Nicki Minaj and Skepta in August 2019.
- In February 2020, Pop Smoke released his second mixtape Meet the Woo 2 with features from Quavo, A Boogie wit da Hoodie, Fivio Foreign and Lil Tjay
- He was set to play at Wireless Festival in London on Friday July 3, alongside A$AP Rocky and Young Thug.
- Born Jordan Kyle Lanier Thorpe, the New York native has been the mind behind recent hits for big names like Cardi B and Kanye West.
- Though the rapper, 29, has been in the business for a while now, he’s most known for his 2018 single “Backin’ It Up” featuring Cardi B, which reached the US Billboard Hot 100 at No. 40.
- After helping co-write songs like Cardi’s “Bodak Yellow,” West’s “Violent Crimes,” and even Ed Sheeran’s “South of the Border,” Pardi is ready to come into his own.
- His first mixtape and Atlantic Records project called UNDER8ED, which consists of 14 tracks, was recently released on Nov. 15, and for any and everyone who listens to it he can “guarantee [they’re] coming away with 10 records that they like.”
- He was initially inspired by Back to the Future’s Marty McFly,
- Her Real Name is Belcalis Almanzar
- Cardi’s First Language is Spanish
- She Rose to Fame on ‘Love & Hip Hop’
- Cardi’s Net-Worth is in the Millions
- Cardi’s the Second Female Artist to Ever Top Billboard 100
- His real name is Sergio Kitchens.
- He’s got some well-known supporters.
- He reps Atlanta big time.
- He’s known for his killer style.
- He’s career is about to take off.
- Bonginkosi Dlamini was born on 24 April 1977 and grew up in Zola, a township of Soweto
- Zola himself served time in prison as a juvenile for car theft
- Zola became well known for his role as the notorious gangster Papa Action in the second season of the television series Yizo Yizo.
- He also performed the score and played a role in the Academy Award-winning film Tsotsi (2005) and the movie Drum (2004).
- Bonginkosi Dlamini has enjoyed success as a Kwaito superstar, and is probably the most popular Kwaito artist in the country; Lance Stehr of Ghetto Ruff records has referred to Zola as “the second biggest brand in the country next to Nelson Mandela.
- Legend was born John Roger Stephens
- His two children, Luna and Miles, have his last name, though Teigen opted against taking it when they got married.
- In 2018, he became the first black man to complete an EGOT
- He was popular in high school
- He studied at the University of Pennsylvania
- Simphiwe Nhlangulela, better known by her stage name Simmy, is a South African electronic dance music, neo-soul and experimental pop music singer and songwriter
- She gained prominence in 2018 after releasing her debut album Tugela Fairy.
- Simmy started her career by auditioning for SA Idols and SA Has Got Talent but was unsuccessful
- Simmy is known to keeping her personal life private.
- She aspires to work with the likes of country music diva Dolly Parton, Letta Mbulu, Sjava, and Thandiswa Mazwai.
SUN EL MUSICIAN
- Sun El Musician is one of South Africa’s fastest-rising musical stars.
- He was born in KwaZulu-Natal Midlands’ Rosetta region.
- Along with his four siblings, he was raised by a domestic worker in Rosetta’s farms, located around Mooi River.
- In 2007, he attended the University of KwaZulu-Natal for a bridging course intended to pivot him to a course covering the sciences.
- The studies at the institution did not work for him, he lost interest, failed his first year, and eventually dropped out.
- He was born Nicodimas Sekheta Mogashoa
- Da Capo is from Limpopo
- “Da Capo” means “return to the beginning” in Italian and fell in love with the name because it simply defines the kind of music that he does
- He’s signed a deal with Toronto based Music Label DNH Records owned by well-known DJ/Producer Nick Holder
- He’s showcased his stuff at the Weather Festival in paris with DJ’s Black Coffee and Culoe de Song
- . Adam Richard Wiles was born on 17 January 1984.
- He is known professionally as Calvin Harris, is a Scottish DJ, singer, songwriter, record producer, recording artist and remixer.
- His debut album, I Created Disco, was released in 2007 and was the precursor to his top-10 singles “Acceptable in the 80s” and “The Girls”.
- In 2009, Harris released his second studio album, Ready for the Weekend, which debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart and earned a gold certification from the British Phonographic Industry within two months of release.
- Its lead single, “I’m Not Alone”, became his first number one on the UK Singles Chart.
- His real name is Abel Makkonen Tesfaye
- He supported Justin Timberlake on tour
- His album ‘Starboy’ is named after David Bowie
- He has Ethiopian roots
- Abel is a big Michael Jackson fan
- He started rapping in primary school, grade 4,. “I always wrote songs that never came out, bu I kept my mind fresh”.
- Yanga says he dreams big, “If my dreams don’t scare me, I try dream bigger”
- Yanga is into honest girls. “I look for someone who is comfortable with who they are in a room full of models”
- His top 5 SA Hip Hop artists are : 1. K.O, 2. AKA, 3. Khuli Chana, 4. Kwesta, 5. Kid X
- Yanga lent his voice to DJ Vigilante’s Sorry Makhe and the iconic Run Jozi chorus.
- Children’s show, Kideo sparked her desire to become a TV presenter.
- She stays fit and toned by doing a bit of boxing on the side.
- She’s passionate about protecting the rights of women and children in SA.
- Brenda Fassie is her ultimate role model.
- Her parents’ home in Benoni is still her happy place.
- His unorthodox rise came after having been recommended to Teargas’ K.O. by Smashis during the formation of Cashtime Fam.
- He was featured on the 2012 hit single “BoomShakaLaka” with Kwesta.
- He was born Bonginkosi Mahlangu to parents Florence Baphelile and Sam Mahlangu in Middleburg, South Africa.
- He and Cassper Nyovest are both award-winning South African rappers.
- South African Music Award-winning rapper who had three consecutive number ones on YFM’s Hot 9 Hip-Hop chart.
- His real name is Damini Ogulu
- Burna Boy is 23 years old and he was born in the year 1991 on the 2nd of July.
- People say he is difficult to work with but he says that he is misunderstood
- He has 160 unreleased music material.
- He has two little siblings and they are girls.
- He used to work in an oil refinery
- He has made up with the Brit Awards
- Religion plays a big role in his life
- He gets recognised in Amsterdam. And at the school gates.
- His album was self-released
CHLOE X HALLE
- Chloe x Halle are Beyonce’s Protégés
- They sang at the 2019 Superbowl
- Chloe x Halle are not twins
- They write and produce their own songs
- Chloe x Halle met Beyoncé years before when they were 2 and 4 years old