Q-MARK & TPZEE
- Q-Mark & TpZee are the DJ and Music Production duo behind the hit song ‘Paris’
- Q-Mark & TpZee is a music duo from South Africa.
- The music production and DJ duo is signed to Cloud9ne Entertainment.
- Simmy attended Kwa Zulu Natal University for a Social Studies degree.
- Simmy is the youngest of four children and was born in 1995.
- Simmy comes from a musical family, and her elder siblings love music and are a big part of her inspiration, while her father loves Maskandi and country music.
- Simmy came into the limelight after collaborating with Sun-EL on the song Nada Ezikude.
- Simmy competed in Idols South Africa and South Africa’s Got Talent but was unsuccessful in either
- Beyoncé adopted her alter ego, Sasha fierce, in order to overcome her stage fright
- Her fans are called the “Beyhive”
- Beyoncé loves the number 4 so much that she and her husband, Jay-Z, have the Roman numeral of it, IV, tattooed on their ring fingers.
- She and her cousin once owned a pet snake named Fendi
- She was the first solo artist to have six consecutive albums hit and debut at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart
MAWHOO & MASTER KG
- Master KG was born and raised in Tzaneen
- The music video for “Ngyamthanda” by MaWhoo and Master KG hit 4.1 million views on YouTube in 4 months
- Master KG was in a relationship with Makhadzi before they split in August 2020.
- Master KG secured a record deal with Warner Music Group’s Elektra France thanks to the success of the Jerusalema anthem.
- MaWhoo’s 2019 single “Umshado” has over 700k views on YouTube
- Coi Leray began posting music to SoundCloud, releasing her breakout single “Huddy” and her debut mixtape ‘Everythingcoz’ in 2018.
- After signing a record deal with 1801 Records and Republic Records, she released her second mixtape, EC2, in 2019, and her debut extended play, Now or Never, in 2020.
- In 2021, her single “No More Parties” gave Leray her first Billboard Hot 100 entry after peaking in the top 40 and was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- She was born May 11, 1997, in Boston, Massachusetts, and raised in Hackensack, New Jersey.
- She started making music at age 14. At age 16, Leray dropped out of high school and started working in sales.
- Kygo has accumulated over 300 million views on his music on SoundCloud and YouTube
- He has an older stepbrother Mads, two older sisters Johanne and Jenny, and a younger half-brother Sondre
- Kygo started getting piano lessons at the age of 6.
- He is a fan of Manchester United
- He performed the song ‘Carry Me’ with Julia Michaels, at the closing ceremony of the 2016 Summer Olympics
- Lloyiso entered SA’s Got Talent when he was 14 and received 3 votes from the judges but the audition never aired on TV.
- In high school, he was an avid tennis player and made the provincial team twice
- His speciality dish to cook is lasagna
- His favourite movie is “Dream Girls” featuring Beyoncé, Jennifer Hudson and Jamie Foxx. He has seen it over 10 times.
- His first language is isiXhosa but his first English word was a curse word.
- Gayle’s real name is Taylor Gayle Rutherford, and she was born in Dallas, Texas, on July 8, 2004.
- In 2021, Gayle signed a deal with major label Atlantic Records, who have released abcdefu
- Gayle dropped music as an independent artist at just 14 years old.
- Abcdefu is Gayle’s debut solo single as a major label artist.
- Thanks to its viral status on TikTok, abcdefu is currently sitting at Number 14 on the Official Singles Chart.
MEGHAN THEE STALLION
- Megan Thee Stallion’s real name is Megan Jovon Ruth Pete.
- Megan Thee Stallion’s birthday falls on 15 February, which makes her star sign Aquarius.
- Megan Thee Stallion has graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Health Administration.
- Megan Thee Stallion has a French Bulldog called 4oe. He even has his own Instagram page (@frenchie4oe) with over 200,000 followers.
- Megan Thee Stallion is 5 feet 10 inches tall (1.78m).
- The Weeknd has Ethiopian roots. Both his parents moved from Ethiopia to Canada in the ’80s.
- Since The Weekend did not finish high school, he does crossword puzzles to improve his vocabulary.
- The Weeknd’s real name is Abel Makonnen Tesfaye. His real name isn’t The Weeknd, but who would have guessed he goes by Abel.
- The Weeknd toured with Justin Timberlake in 2013 for his 20/20 Experience tour and opened Justin’s stage for him.
- The Weeknd named his album ‘Starboy’ after David Bowie’s ‘Starman’. The album was heavily influenced by the deaths of the iconic stars David Bowie and Prince.
- Mnqobi Yazo is a prominent singer and music producer.
- He grew up in a musical environment; therefore, it influences his spirituality and ancestral beliefs
- He was born and raised in Durban, Kwa-Zulu Natal province
- Mnqobi Yazo real name is Mnqobi Ndunakazi
- Yazo has performed in several theatre productions, including lead roles in There Lays Ubuntu, and Coal and Aches, which were directed by Neil Coppen and Musa Ntuli, respectively
- He chose Tyga as his nickname because his mother used to call him “Little Tiger Woods.
- Tyga and his then-partner Blac Chyna named their son King Cairo Stevenson
- Tyga actually owned a tiger for a little bit, before the animal was taken away by authorities in 2014
- His mother is reportedly Vietnamese and his father is of Afro-Jamaican descent.
- Tyga lived out every kid’s dream when he installed a water slide from his bedroom window to his backyard pool
- Born Ama Serwah Genfi in the Bronx, New York, Amaarae has been itinerant for most of her life
- Amaarae deliberately didn’t use specific pronouns on her album except for on “Sad U Broke My Heart” because she didn’t want to confine listeners to any type of narrative
- Amaarae wants to break into the mainstream with her own style of Afro-fusion music, heavy on R&B influence and skeletal percussion
- Her innovative debut EP, 2017’s Passionfruit Summers, has hints of both Atlanta and Accra, two cities where she spent parts of her childhood.
- These days, Amaarae lives in a spacious home in Accra with her mother (who is also her manager), her younger brother, and her grandmother.
MAJOR LEAGUE DJZ
- The twins have done a lot of weekly mixes on Khozi FM and Mafikeng FM.
- The DJ duo has decided to become the ambassadors for the McDonald’s Street Rhythm campaign.
- Banele and Bandile’s favourite artists are Sjava and Nasty C, Zonke and Nadia Nakai.
- The estimated net worth of the twin brothers is about $200,000 – 500,00$
- The twins were born on January 3, 1991.