- Both Latto and Big Latto are stage names of Alyssa Michelle Stephens
- her first stage name was Miss Mulatto, a term for someone of mixed black and white heritage that is now often considered to be outdated as well as more than a bit offensive.
- In the past, Latto was known for drag racing
- She became a cast member on the Lifetime reality series The Rap Game and the inaugural winner.
- She has one sister named Brooklyn Nikole AKA brooklynikole on social media.
- Anathi Bhongo Mnyango, known professionally as Anatii, is a South African rapper, singer, songwriter and record producer.
- Born on 8 January 1993, a year before the1st democratic elections in South Africa, Anatii is 28 years old
- Because his father (who died in 2008) was a radio presenter, Anatii and his three siblings grew up immersed in music.
- His professional music career started at the age of 14 when he received his first major South African placement with L-Tido, for the song “When It Rains”
- In 2019 Anatii was awarded the Ashford and Simpson Songwriter’s Award at The Soul Train Awards for his contribution to “Brown Skin Girl” by Beyoncé.
- Nomfundo Moh started singing when she was six years old and there wasn’t a school concert or church competition that she wouldn’t enter.
- In her latest album, she has tried to cater to all people by having influences of Gospel, Maskandi while sticking to her genre of Afro-pop.
- Nomfundo Moh has featured many artists in her latest album including Ami Faki, Sha Sha, De Muziqal chef, Mthuda amongst others.
- Nomfundo Moh is fast becoming a sensation in the music industry with her third official radio single, Phakade Lami, sitting on almost 1-million views on YouTube.
- Nomfundo Moh shares her life experiences, through relatable stories and offers some motivation and inspiration with her life story with added doses of spirituality
- DJ Maphorisa took to social media to make it known that he is the only person in the world who can feature himself.
- DJ Maphorisa was named on the 100 most influential young South Africans by Avance media.
- He is the AmaPiano pioneer and influenced upcoming AmaPiano artists to enter the industry and start making AmaPiano genre music.
- DJ Maphorisa’s mother was a minister, and he grew up listening to gospel music.
- DJ Maphorisa produced the hit song Midnight Starring by DJ Tira, Busiswa, Moonchild Sanelly
- Her favourite pizza is a thick crust with a lot of tomato sauce and pineapple.
- She loves One Direction and has had a Twitter fan account.
- She started singing in the 7th grade.
- Her mother’s side of the family is from Cuba.
- Her father’s side of the family is from Mexico
- Summer’s 2018 EP Last Day Of Summer put her on the map with the viral single “Girls Need Love,” which later included a remix with Drake.
- The incredibly talented singer was born Summer Marjani Walker on April 11, 1996
- While teaching herself guitar via YouTube tutorials, Summer worked as a dancer at an Atlanta strip club
- Summer earned the award for Top R&B Female Artist at the Billboard Music Awards in 2020
- Summer has also earned nominations at American Music Awards and the BET Awards.
MEGHAN THEE STALLION
- Megan Thee Stallion is a Grammy-winning American rapper
- Confidence and body positivity are part of her work, as seen on songs like “WAP,” which featured Megan alongside Cardi B
- Megan has a devoted fan base, whom she calls her “hotties,”
- Even as a rap superstar, Megan continued to pursue a college degree.
- Megan first rapped for her mother at age 7
- NBA YoungBoy’s favourite actor is Vin Diesel, and his favourite actress is Jennifer Lawrence.
- NBA YoungBoy estimated net worth is USD 4 million.
- NBA YoungBoy was once arrested for kidnapping, weapons violation, and allegedly committing assault at a club.
- In 2019, NBA YoungBoy won the award of B.E.T. Hip H.O.P. award in the Best Impact Track category.
- NBA YoungBoy has over one million followers on Instagram and thousands of fans on Twitter and Facebook.
- Musa Keys is a renowned South African Amapiano star
- He started producing music at only 14 years when he produced his first song.
- One of his popular songs is Vula Mlomo, which he released in 2021
- Musa Keys refers to himself as the Tsonga Michael Jackson
- Musa Keys was born in Giyani and raised in Polokwane
- Chukwuka Ekweani, aka Ckay, is a Nigerian singer-songwriter and record producer
- He is the first African Musician to chart three different songs on the daily Spotify global chart.
- CKay learnt how to play the piano from his father who was a Musician in Kaduna Nigeria
- He started his music career as a production assistant at Chocolate City before he was signed to the label as a producer and later as an artist
- In 2021 CKay left Chocolate Records and signed to Warner music South Africa.
- Micheal Ray Stevenson was born November 19, 1989, in Compton, California.
- TYGA is an acronym for Thank You God Alway
- TYGA is of Jamaican and Vietnamese descent.
- In 2007 TYGA released a mixtape called Young On Probation, which attached him to Young Money Entertainment.
- On October 16, 2012, TYGA’S son, King Cairo Stevenson was born to the rapper and Model Black Chyna
MajorSteez is a South African Hip-Hop and RnB Brother Duo
Having started out as a trio, they split from Major, who later became a lawyer and they rebranded themselves as a brother duo.
The Duo consists of brothers Sihle “Steez” Mabena and Sandile “SandiThe1” Mabena.
Although they recently blew up, Majorsteez has been around since 2015.
- In 2021 The Duo went viral with Asbonge, in collaboration with Cassper Nyovest.
- Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu, aka Burna Boy, is a Nigerian singer and rapper.
- Born July 2nd 1991 in Port Harcourt, the capital of Rivers state in Nigeria. Burna Boy is currently 30 years old.
- Burna Boy is an advocate of pan-Africanism, and has mentioned the need for African unity and the “reconnection of the black race“..
- He and his mother Bose Ogulu founded a record and publishing company called Spaceship Collective. Burna Boy’s sister, Nissi, is one of the artists signed to the record label.
- On April 28, 2022. He will become the first Nigerian artist to headline a concert at New York City’s Madison Square Garden.
- Charlie Duncker, known professionally as Acraze, is an American electronic dance music producer and DJ.
- The DJ is best known for his breakout 2021 song “Do It To It”.
- ACRAZE started only producing music in 2016
- In 2017, he debuted his music with the powerful Bass track”Pull Up”
- ACRAZE’S Least favourite about touring is the flights, sitting for a long time on flights strains his back.
- Glass Animals are a British indie rock band that was formed in Oxford in 2010.
- The group is made up of childhood friends Joe Seaward, Ed Irwin-Singer and Drew MacFarlane, who are led by singer, songwriter, and producer Dave Bayley.
- Lead musician Dave Bayley wrote and Produced all 3 of Glass Animals Albums.
- Glass Animals started out making music in Dave Bayley’s bedroom
- Glass Animals are versatile, recording anything from hip-hop beats to covers of Kanye West’s “Love Lockdown.”