- He is named after his mom Jada.
- He was part of the Nobel Peace Prize Concert where his giant hair got a lot of press.
- He was a backup dancer in his sisters video.
- Jaden is a youth ambassador for Project Zambia which helps orphans in Africa.
- He is the half brother of Trey Smith.
- Local media has affectionately named Babes Wodumo South Africa’s National Treasure.
- Babes did a course in social work during her one-year stint at university before her music career kicked off and took all of her time.
- Babes starred alongside huge international acts like Kendrick Lamar, The Weeknd, SZA and more on the official Black Panther soundtrack where she teams up with Zacari on a track titled ‘Redemption’.
- Babes’ latest single ‘Domboroza’ is fast becoming another massive hit for the star. The single features Madanon and BlaQRhythm and is a hit on local radio stations at the moment.
- Babes recently got engaged to her long time boyfriend, Mampintsha
- Lil Durk became a father at a young age, which explains why he has six children at 27 years. His children are Angelo, Bella, Zayden, Du’mier, Willow, and Skyler.
- Lil Durk got his start on social media, like so many today. Basically, he made videos of his music and shared them on YouTube and MySpace.
- his hit “Life Ain’t No Joke: was downloaded a total of 216,000 times from an online distribution platform called ‘DatPiff’.
- Durk is a Libra on the Zodiac
- Lil Durk was in the middle of his STTS3 Tour when he turned himself in at the Fulton County Jail in Atlanta, Georgia
- He is considered to be one of the most influential rappers of his generation, with his music having heavily shaped contemporary trap music and inspired numerous artists
- Thug initially released a series of independent mixtapes beginning in 2011 with I Came from Nothing
- Young Thug received mainstream recognition in 2014 with the singles “Stoner” and “Danny Glover” in addition to appearances on several singles, including T.I.‘s single “About the Money“, Tyga‘s single “Hookah“, and Rich Gang‘s single “Lifestyle.
- In 2019, he won the Grammy Award for Song of the Year for his songwriting contribution on “This Is America“
- Young Thug’s debut studio album, So Much Fun (2019), debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200.
- His real name is Ricardo Valdez Valentine
- His first record deal was with Flo Rida’s label
- His name hails from his personal connection to the number 6. 6lack was born on the sixth month in his city’s Zone 6
- Yup, that bear on his album cover is real
- He has a daughter. Her name is Syx – are we surprised? Syx was born Feburary 2017
- Harry was born on 1st February 1994 making him the youngest member of One Direction.
- The first song Harry knew all the words to was ‘The Girl Of My Best Friend’ by Elvis Presley.
- Harry was brought up in the beautiful village of Holmes Chapel in Cheshire. The village is 21 miles south of Manchester.
- Harry’s musical heroes are The Beatles, Elvis, and Coldplay. He said of the Fab Four: “They are absolute icons and an inspiration.”
- Harry’s motto in life is “work hard, play hard, be kind.”
- In 1996, Gotti released his debut album Youngsta’s On a Come Up under the alias Lil Yo
- He released eleven mixtapes and four independent albums before making his debut with RCA records.
- He released his debut album titled Youngsta’s On a Come Up under the alias Lil Yo.
- He was featured on 2 Chainz‘s song “Boo,” which reached #76 on the US R&B charts in 2010.
- Yo Gotti joined Youtube on Apr 9th, 2009. From that time until now Yo Gottis profile accumulated more than 20,421,934 views and the number of subscribers is 2,155,992.
- She Was Part Of A Quartet Group
- She Was Discovered By Lil Wayne
- She Plays An Array Of Musical Instruments. namely the piano, and clarinet
- She Is A Self Diagnosed Chocoholic
- She Secretly Hates Her Stage Name, she revealed to The Guardian back in 2012 that she actually hates it
- She Moved To America At 5 Years Old
MAJOR LEAGUE DJZ
- Born in Boston, USA, the twins moved to South Africa after the apartheid era.
- Their favourite artist is Nasty C
- The twins have hosted parties for 50 Cent, Akon, and Fat Joe.
- Major League joined the Mabala Noise recording label in 2016
- Major League DJz aspires to play music for Africa and use it to unify young people.
- His single Phumakim broke the record when it hit 100 000 downloads within just three hours of being released online
- He’s recorded 500 tracks over the past 10 years
- Cassper wishes to someday have a one-on-one with the late Tupac Shakur because he believes that Tupac lived an honest life and didn’t care much about what others thought of him
- One of Cassper’s fears is being misunderstood and is not necessarily worried that the fact that he’s outspoken could get him into trouble
- Cassper’s favourite place to write is in his bedroom as he spends most of his time there
- He Previously Released Music Under A Different Name. he was releasing music under the name Carlos St. John
- He Has His Own Clothing Line
- He has helped write songs for other artists including Usher, DVSN, and Jidenna
- His Mom Was An Actress, Sharon Rosita, was an actress in the United Kingdom where she had several TV roles during the 70s and 80s
- He Loves Mosh Pits
- Teyana is of Afro-Trinidadian descent.
- Her mum is her current manager!
- In August 2010, she appeared in the sequel of Stomp the Yard.
- Her husband is a basketball player Iman Shumpert .
- She is one of Kanye Wet’s favorite artists.
- Even before getting drafted in the NBA in 2011, Iman was playing ball on the court with the future pro
- Although Iman maintained good grades in school, averaging mostly A’s and B’s, his parents were informed by teachers that they had a class clown on their hands
- Shumpert was actually born in Berlin, Ireland
- Shump says he prefers Thanksgiving over Christmas because as he got older, the responsibility of buying presents was always on him
- He has two kids with wife, Teyana Taylor
- His birth name is Bashar Barakah Jackson.
- In a Genius interview, he stated that his artist name of Pop Smoke is a combination of Papa (a nickname given to him by his Panamanian grandmother) and Smoke Oh Guap (a nickname given to him by childhood friends).
- In April 2019, he released his breakout single, “Welcome to the Party”, the lead single of his debut mixtape, Meet the Woo (2019). The song was later remixed, featuring Nicki Minaj and Skepta in August 2019.
- In February 2020, Pop Smoke released his second mixtape Meet the Woo 2 with features from Quavo, A Boogie wit da Hoodie, Fivio Foreign and Lil Tjay
- He was set to play at Wireless Festival in London on Friday July 3, alongside A$AP Rocky and Young Thug.
- Hip hop artist who began to make a name for himself as a teenager with the release of his single “Resume.” He went on to publish singles online called “Ride for You,” “Brothers,” “New Flex” and “Forever.”
- He is from The Bronx, New York.
- He recorded a song with Lil Tut which was released in September of 2017 called “Don’t Gotta Explain.”
- CashMoney AP produced his track “None of Your Love.” His liltjay Instagram account has more than 4.1 million followers.
- Asian Doll is featured on his song “New Flex.”
- He wrote and recorded his first track at the age of 12
- Shared stages with international artists, such as Talib Kweli, Lil Wayne, Young Guru, Casey Veggies, Hudson Mohawke, Dj A-Trak, Masta Ace, Gentlemen, and many more.
- Has made soundtracks for movies, such as four corners.
- His birth name is Riyadh Roberts
- 3t (things take time) won album of the year at the 2018 SA HIP HOP AWARDS
- Aka’s favourite songs to perform on stage: don’t forget to pray, angels, the world is yours and caiphus song.
- Ka is not a huge fan of opening for international acts, the rapper, however, revealed that he’d open for Kanye West if given the opportunity
- Aka was part of a rap band called entity
- Aka has his own scholarship in collaboration with the SAE institute and bridges for music, which covers the full year tuition for SAE’s full-time higher certificate in sound production at their cape town campus
- He quit doing gqom music. We have been enjoying the albums and ep’s that dj Maphorisa and Kabza have been releasing lately and it seems we’ll still hear more from them since Dj Maphorisa announced on twitter that he no longer does Gqom music anymore.
- He was involved in the production of “Ngud – Kwesta ft Casper Nyovest” and “Suited – Shekinah”
- He co-produced “one dance” by Wizkid and drake.
- He never did any sport. Maphorisa shied away from playing any sports and used his free time to focus on his music throughout his school career.
- He produced “Ytjukuta – Uhuru”
KABZA DE SMALL
- Kabelo Motha known by his stage name Kabza De Small was born in Mpumalanga, but grew up in Pretoria.
- He kicked off his journey in the entertainment industry as a DJ in 2009. He released his first album ‘Avenue Sound” in 2016.
- Kabza De Small has collaborated with the likes of MRF Souls, Gaba Canal, Afrosoul Sax, Josiah, Kopzz Avenue, Tribe Franko, and many more artists in Amapiano.
- DJ Maphorisa and Kabaza De Small released TWO EP and both titled Scorpion Kings 1 & 2.
- Kabza took to social media to share visuals of him surprising his friend with a Minni copper in December 2019
- She is 21 years old and she was born in Durban.
- Kamo is a South African dancer turned musician who became an internet sensation after she posted a video of her dancing on her social media
- She is an expert in amapiano dance moves, which has seen her feature in several popular South African songs such as Killer Kau, Sandton, and Suka Emabozeni
- She has recently released an EP called Twentee, under Major League’s record label
- I grew up in Soweto and then I moved to the South of Joburg. I’m a Soweto girl at heart