- He wrote and recorded his first track at the age of 12
- Shared stages with international artists, such as Talib Kweli, Lil Wayne, Young Guru, Casey Veggies, Hudson Mohawke, DJ A-Trak, Masta Ace, Gentlemen, and many more.
- Has made soundtracks for movies, such as Four Corners.
- His birth name is Riyadh Roberts
- 3T (Things Take Time) won Album of the year at the 2018 SA Hip Hop Awards
- She was discovered by her music lecturer, Demor Sikhosana, while studying music at Central Johannesburg College.
- Bucie bought shares at her record label and went from being an artist to co-owner at Demor Music.
- Her claim to fame was with her debut song “Ngicel’indoda” in 2007.
- “Turn Me On” earned Bucie international success. Following a collaboration with Black Coffee the song was released and licensed to a German based Label GOGO MUSIC.
- In 2005 Busi auditioned for the Soul City soundtrack and sang and danced in the Chicco produced group, Maubani.
- Formed in 2009, the duo is made up of Bongani Mohosana and Thabo Mabogwane
- The duo entered the South African dance music scene by having their productions featured on house music compilations. These included tracks such as Bhana Shilolo which was featured on DJ Tokzen’s compilation album, Set Me Free featured on DJ QT’s album, as well Banane Mavoko which was featured on DJ Oskido’s album.
- Banane Mavoko would later become a breakthrough single for the duo and would feature in their debut double CD album Taking To The Drum, which was released in 2011.
- Black Motion has released three albums with their 2014 Fortune Teller album reaching gold status in its first forty nine days and winning a 2015 SAMA award for Best Dance album.
- Adam Richard Wiles was born on 17 January 1984.
- He is known professionally as Calvin Harris, is a Scottish DJ, singer, songwriter, record producer, recording artist and remixer.
- His debut album, I Created Disco, was released in 2007 and was the precursor to his top-10 singles “Acceptable in the 80s” and “The Girls”.
- In 2009, Harris released his second studio album, Ready for the Weekend, which debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart and earned a gold certification from the British Phonographic Industry within two months of release.
- Its lead single, “I’m Not Alone”, became his first number one on the UK Singles Chart.
- His real name is Abel Makkonen Tesfaye
- He supported Justin Timberlake on tour
- His album ‘Starboy’ is named after David Bowie
- He has Ethiopian roots
- Abel is a big Michael Jackson fan.
- Harry was born on 1st February 1994 making him the youngest member of One Direction.
- The first song Harry knew all the words to was ‘The Girl Of My Best Friend’ by Elvis Presley.
- Harry was brought up in the beautiful village of Holmes Chapel in Cheshire. The village is 21 miles south of Manchester.
- Harry’s musical heroes are The Beatles, Elvis and Coldplay. He said of the Fab Four: “They are absolute icons and an inspiration.”
- Harry’s motto in life is “work hard, play hard, be kind.”
- French Montana is originally from Rabat, Morocco.
- When he emigrated to the U.S., at age 13, he was coined with the nickname “French” because he could speak Arabic and French.
- “Montana” came later in his adult life as a street hustler, which is a nod to drug kingpin Tony Montana, played by Al Pacino in ‘Scarface.’
- French and Trina are close friends
- In 2012, Montana traveled to his native homeland of Morocco to reunite with his long lost father. The New York rapper hadn’t seen his dad since he was 13 years old.
- His birth name is Bashar Barakah Jackson.
- In a Genius interview, he stated that his artist name of Pop Smoke is a combination of Papa (a nickname given to him by his Panamanian grandmother) and Smoke Oh Guap (a nickname given to him by childhood friends).
- In April 2019, he released his breakout single, “Welcome to the Party”, the lead single of his debut mixtape, Meet the Woo (2019). The song was later remixed, featuring Nicki Minaj and Skepta in August 2019.
- In February 2020, Pop Smoke released his second mixtape Meet the Woo 2 with features from Quavo, A Boogie wit da Hoodie, Fivio Foreign and Lil Tjay.
- They have made beats for Juice WRLD’S “Lucid Dreams” to Drake’s “blue tint.”
- Group member TAZ TAYLOR was still in high school when the group was created by Nick Miraz
- Nick Miraz wants to create a documentary that shows their mansion and work
- They both started selling beats individually on the internet
- They met on Miraz’s live stream on twitter.
- His real name is Sergio Kitchens.
- He’s got some well-known supporters.
- He reps Atlanta big time.
- He’s known for his killer style.
- He’s career is about to take off.
- He made his breakthrough with the 2020 single “savage love (laxed – siren beat)” in collaboration with American R&B singer Jason Derulo, which reached number 1 in over 15 countries
- The number in his stage name pays tribute to that heritage: it’s the telephone code for samoa
- Jawsh 685 is the first kiwi artist to top the billboard top 100 charts since Lorde’s royals in 2013.
- If he could only eat one type of food for a whole year, he’d choose toast “coz it’s simple”
- He created the beat to Jason Derulo’s savage love.
- Derulo has 6 albums and 20 chart-topping songs
- He has sold over 45 million records worldwide and has over 1.3 billion views on youtube
- Jason wrote his first song when he was five years old
- He has a shark tank built into his living room
- He is tiktok’s most celebrated star with 30 million followers.
- He was born Caleb Zackery Toliver.
- He began releasing music in 2017. In May that year he put out the mixtape Playa Familia with Yungjosh93.
- In 2018 he appeared in the music video for Nav‘s song “Champion”.
- In March 2018 he signed to Atlantic Records and We Run It Entertainment, and in August 2018 he signed to Travis Scott‘s Cactus Jack Records.
- In 2019, he became a member of the rap collective JackBoys.
- Kabelo was a Professional Soccer Player.
- He is A Father of two
- He was First signed to Born in Soweto
- He is a big Heavy K fan
- He is a Serial Entrepreneur
- She wrote the song “My name is” for and about DJ Zinhle
- She believes that her best trait is the fact that she can write all day, every day, and not run out of words as she’s a great communicator
- Her ideal holiday place is Jamaica
- Busiswa’s performance poetry journey started when she joined the collective Young Basadzi Women of Poetry in 2005
- In addition to her music and poetry, Busiswa also works for Art for Humanity (AFH) where she provides workshops for school children, as a means to help develop an appreciation for poetry and the visual arts.
- The rising star was born on 18th July 2000 in Mandeni, KwaZulu-Natal South Africa.
- Ngema had a troubled childhood. He grew in the streets, where sleeping and getting a meal was a big challenge.
- His passion and desire to fight for what he believes kept him going despite all these difficulties.
- He officially entered the scene in 2012.
- Since then, he has been showcasing his talents to the world as a music producer, singer, and DJ.
MAPARA A JAZZ
- The boy band, which is made up of the friends Lenny Sbechu and Man Malaya Wa Tshwenya, has been around since 2007.
- “John Vuli Gate”, the song snapped the attention of the country near-instantaneously and even spawned a dance challenge.
- The group has never doubted it would one day snap the attention of music lovers in the country, they had previously stated that they knew their time will come.
- They also call themselves MaBen10.
- The group’s music leans somewhat toward amapiano, their piano is different and they are known for the original Pitori sound, bacardi music.
- Her name is inspired by Princess Oriana from Felix the Cat
- Her favourite film is Bruce Almighty
- She has 9 dogs!
- Her favourite colour is lavender
- She first appeared on YouTube way back in 2007!
- His real name is Rashad Best
- Also known as Slim, is an American rapper known for his 2016 albums Cocaine Flow and Cocaine Flow 2.
- He released a mixed tape in 2013 entitled Remember The Name.
- He has released several singles including “Ain’t No Love,” “Not the Same,” and “B.O.Y.B.A.”
- His song “Runnin” features rapper Vee Tha Rula.
- As a qualified computer scientist, it’s no surprise that Hillzy is able to finesse the Internet to his advantage.
- Zimbabwe-born R&B/ trapsoul artist and producer has released covers of popular songs that have amassed serious numbers.
- In the last few years, the man has put out several makeshift videos that went viral.
- In 2018, responding to his fanbase’ demands, Hillzy released the project Overdue (The Love Mixtape), which demonstrated that he’s capable of more than just singles.
- Recently, Hillzy caught the ear of Mr Eazi. The Nigerian star, through his emPawa initiative, had $300 to share with 100 African up-and-coming artists.
- ShaSha was meant to be a Nurse
- While she was still trying to find her footing in the industry Shasha used to make country music.
- She bets on out doing Sia one day.
- Shasha almost had her music featured on the popular U.S TV series Empire with her song ‘Catch Me’.
- Shasha’s Breakthrough song that had opened the flood gates is a song she did in 20 Kalyfe Kema Boss that got her the massive airplay across Zimbabwe
MEGAN THEE STALLION
- Megan Thee Stallion’s real name is Megan Pete.
- Megan Thee Stallion is 25-years-old.
- She was born on 15 February 1995.
- Her career really started to take off in 2019
- Megan Thee Stallion is currently studying Health Administration.
- He once lived in Britney Spears’ former L.A. home, but now lives in a hotel.
- He speaks French fluently, and can count to 10 in German.
- After he cut his hair, he auctioned it for $12,000 on eBay. It sold for about $40,000.
- He taught himself how to play the trumpet, guitar, piano, and drums.
- If he wasn’t a singer… he’d be an architect.
- Benny Blanco is a stage name for rapper Benjamin Levin.
- He owns his record label and is a famous songwriter and musician.
- He was born on 8th of March 1988, in Plano, Texas before his parents moved to Reston, Virginia.
- Benny was sent to guitar, piano and drum lessons, where he learned many types of music since the age of four. He was later diagnosed with ADHD.
- He rapped and made beats as a teenager, usually performing at his brother Jeremy’s college parties at the University of Delaware.