YouTube has released its 2017 list of this year’s most viewed music videos and it just proved we’ve all been fans of Latin music over the past 12 months.
Sitting at no.1 is hit song “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee, the global reggae ton smash hit that got us dancing all summer. In second place, the video for “Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran gets 2,8 billion views while “Mi Gentle” by J Balvin and Willy William comes in at third place with 1,3 billion views.
Worth noting : six of the top 10 music videos feature Latin artists including Maluma, Enrique Iglesias, and Ozuna… A phenomenon that we have tackle in our exclusive documentary Latin Music Rules that you can catch on TracePlay !
Check out YouTube top 10 music videos of 2017 below
1. “Despacito” Luis Fonsi (feat. Daddy Yankee)
2. “Shape of You” Ed Sheeran
3. “Mi Gente” J Balvin, Willy William
4. “Felices los 4” Maluma
5. “That’s What I Like” Bruno Mars
6. “Ahora Dice” Chris Jeday (feat. J. Balvin, Ozuna, Arcángel)
7. “El Amante” Nicky Jam
8. “Swalla” Jason Derulo (feat. Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign)
9. “I’m the One” DJ Khaled (feat. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper, Lil Wayne)
10. “Subeme la Radio” Enrique Iglesias (feat. Descemer Bueno, Zion & Lennox)