D.Y.K – DID YOU KNOW?
- She is not only an accomplished singer and actress but is also a talented songwriter
- Sabrina Carpenter made her acting debut at the age of 11 in the NBC drama series “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
- She has received training in various dance forms, including jazz, ballet, tap, and contemporary.
- She has been involved in numerous charitable initiatives and has supported organizations such as Ryan Seacrest Foundation, Make-A-Wish Foundation, and Girl Up.
- She has a large following on platforms like Instagram and Twitter, where she shares glimpses of her personal life, and music updates, and interacts with her supporters
- He was nominated for a SAMA Record of The Year in 2011 for “Taking it Easy” ft Goodluck
- Mathew Gold grew up in a musical family
- He made it to the Top 12 of Idols SA season 5
- He was also a presenter on magazine show Hectic 9-nine
- He was born Mathew Moolman in Cape Town
- The Weeknd has won many awards including won three Grammy Awards, nine Billboard Music Awards
- The Weeknd was born in Toronto, Ontario
- The Weeknd is of Ethiopian descent
- The Weeknd has sold over 12.5 million certified physical albums
- The Weeknd is trilingual
- Although he is famously known as K.O, his real name is Ntokozo Mdluli
- K.O started rapping at a young age, and while he was in high school, he participated in different cyphers
- He began his career as a member of Teargas, a South African hip hop group
- K.O’s fans also refer to him as Mr Cashtime and Skhanda Gawd
- K.O attended Vaal University of Technology where he studied a national diploma in public relations management.
- Pnau is an Australian dance music group
- There are two members: a singer, Nick Littlemore, and a guitarist, Peter Mayes
- Their debut album, Sambanova (1999), won the ARIA Award for Best Dance Release
- They were signed to a record label under musician Elton John
- Nau’Jour Lazier Grainger is better known by his stage name Toosii
- Toosii is known for his TikTok-viral song “Favorite Song”, and his debut studio album, Poetic Pain, which peaked at number 17 on the Billboard 200
- Toosii’s stage name is inspired by his childhood nickname ‘Toota,’ and by his football teammates who mocked him by calling him ‘Toosii
- Toosii is signed to South Coast Music Group and Capitol Records
- Toosii started to pursue his musical career at the age of 13
- Nicki Minaj released her own mobile game called ‘Nicki Minaj: The Empire’ in December 2016.
- Nicki Minaj started her music career in a rap group called Hoodstarz. There were three other members in the group – Lou$tar, Scagg Beezy and 7even Up.
- Nicki Minaj has a tattoo in Chinese written on her left arm that reads “God is with me always”.
- Nicki Minaj is acrophobic, meaning she is afraid of heights.
- In 2013, Nicki Minaj earned $12 million as a judge on season 12 of “American Idol,”
- PinkPantheress was born to a Kenyan mother and a white English father
- PinkPantheress’ real name Vicky Beverly Walker
- In April of 2021, PinkPantheress was signed to Parlophone
- PinkPantheress prides herself on maintaining privacy in her personal life
PinkPantheress credits Green Day and Paramore as big musical influences
- He is the first artist in Africa to get a YouTube Silver Button
- Nasty C was heavily influenced in his sound by his older brother who was once a producer.
- In 2019 Nasty C was the only South African artist nominated for a BET Hip Hop award in the Best International Flow category.
- From the beginning of his rap career, Nasty C has been influenced by hip hop greats such as T.I.
- Nasty C’s role model is none other than our very own AKA. Nasty C got to meet and open for him in 2013 at his Alter-Ego nationwide album launch.
- Lil Yachty worked at McDonald’s to supplement his income early in his career
- Lil Yachty’s birth name is Miles Parks McCollum
- Lil Yachty’s alter-ego is ‘Lil Boat’
- Lil Yachty refers to his music as ‘bubblegum trap’
- Lil yachty was a model for Kanye West in Yeezy Season 3
- Kaliii’s birth name is Kaliya Ashley Ross
- Kaliii is an American rapper from Roswell, Georgia
- Kaliii is noted for her songs poking fun at past partners and her carefree attitude
- Kaliii is only 22 years old
- Kaliii is signed to Atlantic Records
- Lola Brooke signed with Team 80 Productions in 2016
- Lola Brooke was signed to Arista Records in January 2023 and was an opening act on ‘A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie’s Me v’
- Lola Brooke named DMX, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Missy, Eve, Busta Rhymes and Meek Mill as some of her biggest inspirations
- Lola Brooke began composing music at the age of 8
- Lola Brooke’s stage name is a combination of the names of the Looney Tunes character Lola Bunny and Brooklyn
- Will Linley is a musician and songwriter from Cape Town, South Africa
- Will Linley’s ‘Miss Me (When You’re Gone)’ hit #1 on Apple Music in Cape Town
- Will Linley started out as a breakthrough TikTok sensation
- Will Linley began singing as a hobby but decided to take it seriously when the pandemic hit
- Will Linley performed in an opera when he was 9 years old
- Lil Durk is known as the founder of the collective and record label, Only the Family
- Lil Durk was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois
- Lil Durk is father to six children
- Lil Durk’s real name is Durk Derrick Banks
- Lil Durk has a younger brother, Dontay Banks, Jr., who is better known by his nickname, DThang
- Rita adds hot sauce in a banana sandwhich.
- Her favourite flower is a rose
- Her fans are called “Ritabots”
- Ed Sheeran is one of her best friends
- She is also an actress
- Metro Boomin’s real name is Leland Tyler Wayne
- Metro Boomin began making beats when he was 13 years old
- Metro Boomin is also known as Young Metro or simply Metro
- When Metro Boomin was in high school, Metro’s mother would often drive him for over eight hours from St. Louis to Atlanta to collaborate with artists he met online
- Metro Boomin was 19 years old when he released his first mixtape called 19 & Boomin