- Fakaloice’s real name is Phumlane Zondo
- Fakaloice is a rapper, songwriter, and producer
- Fakaloice has worked with South African music stars such as Cassper Nyovest and Riky Rick
- Fakaloice has 12k monthly listeners on Spotify
- Fakaloice started his music career in 2014
- Although he is famously known as K.O, his real name is Ntokozo Mdluli
- K.O started rapping at a young age, and while he was in high school, he participated in different cyphers
- He began his career as a member of Teargas, a South African hip-hop group
- K.O’s fans also refer to him as Mr Cashtime and Skhanda Gawd
- K.O attended Vaal University of Technology where he studied for a national diploma in public relations management.
- Jaylah Ji’mya Hickmon, known professionally as Doechii, is an American rapper
- After releasing her debut EP, Oh the Places You’ll Go, Doechii rose to prominence with the viral success of her song “Yucky Blucky Fruitcake” on TikTok in 2021
- Doechii says she wrote her first song when she was in the sixth grade
- Doechii is a huge fan of Kanye West, Tyler, The Creator, Beyoncé, Lauryn Hill, OutKast.
- Doechii was included in XXL’s “2022 Freshman Class”
- Money Badoo’s real name is Jade Alves
- Money Badoo was announced as Apple Music’s Up Next artist for May 2022 in South Africa
- In a pursuit to fulfil her love for education and social development, Money Badoo obtained an international online teaching certificate, which landed her a job where she taught English online.
- Money Badoo wrote her first song at the age of 12
- Money Badoo’s music inspirations are Travis Scott, Rihanna, FKA Twigss and Doja Cat
- Drake’s full name is Aubrey Drake Graham. He also has a few nicknames including Drizzy and Champagne Papi.
- A Drake fan got his name tattooed across her forehead in capital letters
- Although he is now most famous as a rapper, he was first known for his role in Degrassi: The Next Generation
- Drake dropped out of school to pursue a career in acting, but he went back to school in later life and graduated in 2012.
- Drake has been credited for popularizing singing and R&B sensibilities in hip hop
- Fivio Foreign’s real name is Maxie Lee Ryles III
- Fivio Foreign’s Zodiac sign is Aries
- Fivio Foreign has the “Lafayette,” street name tattooed over his right eye
- Fivio Foreign started rapping at the age of 21
- Fivio Foreign’s breakthrough came in 2019 after he realized his single “Big Drip”, the song got a remix from Lil Baby and Quavo
- North London UK Drill rapper Headie One’s real name is Irving Ampofo Adjei
- Headie One is of Ghanaian heritage.
- Headie One was nominated for two BRIT Awards in 2021
- Headie One’s moniker derives from a childhood nickname due to his head’s resemblance to a 50p coin
- Headie One first began rapping in his early teens, but only began focusing on it after his release from prison
- Sihle Sithole, commonly known as Blxckie, is a South African rapper
- Blxckie’s debut studio album B4Now certified gold in South Africa
- One of Blxckie’s biggest music inspirations is Kendrick Lamar
- Blxckie started as a poet before he became a rapper
- Blxckie took home Best Rap Album at the 28th SAMAs in 2022
- Lizzo formed a rap group at the age of 14
- Lizzo was part of a marching band when she was in university
- Lizzo played a performer in the British reality television series Made in Chelsea in 2014.
- Lizzo refers to herself as a ‘self-proclaimed nerd’
- Lizzo loves to watch Anime, her favourite Anime series is Sailor Moon
- Benny Blanco’s real name is Benjamin Joseph Levin
- Benny Blanco and his older brother used to walk to a cassette tape store every afternoon, and discovering Nas at age 5 was what got him into music.
- Benny Blanco is very good friends with Lil Dicky, and appeared as a fictionalized version of himself on Lil Dicky’s show Dave.
- If Benny Blanco wasn’t a musician, he would be a chef
- Benny Blanco is the recipient of the 2013 Hal David Starlight Award from the Songwriters Hall of Fame.
- Although his stage name famously knows him, Kizz Daniel’s real name is Oluwatobiloba Daniel Anidugbe
- Kizz Daniel graduated from the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- Kizz Daniel is the owner of the record label ‘Flyboi Inc’
- Kizz Daniel writes all of his songs and collaborations himself
- Kizz Daniel’s favourite animation series to watch is South Park
- Bill Kahan Kapri, better known by his stage name Kodak Black, is an American rapper
- Kodak Black was arrested for auto theft while in middle school
- From the age of six, Kodak Black used the nickname “Black”. He also used the nickname “Lil’ Black”
- Kodak Black gained initial recognition with his single “No Flockin”, released in 2014
- Kodak Black’s debut album, “Painting Pictures”, peaked at number three on the US Billboard 200
- The Grammy Award-winning artist’s full name is Ciara Princess Wilson
- Ciara debuted her first single ‘Goodies’ when she was just 18 years old
- She was named after one of her parent’s favourite scents, which was a vanilla and musk-infused fragrance from Revlon called “Ciara”
- Ciara counts Michael Jackson and Destiny’s Child as her musical inspirations growing up
- Ciara graduated from Riverdale High School in Riverdale, Georgia in 2003 and was signed by “LaFace Records” executive L.A. Reid
- Blackpink consists of Jennie, Rose, Lisa and Jennie
- The Kpop group Blackpink first debuted in 2016
- Blackpink have broken loads of records in the short time they’ve been together. This includes the most viewed video in the first 24 hours, the most viewed live video, and 1 billion views for a song
- In 2019, Blackpink were named the ‘Most Influential Celebrities’ by Forbes magazine
- ‘Blink’ is the name of the official fan club of Blackpink
- Chris Brown says that Michael Jackson was one of his biggest music inspirations
- After Michael Jackson’s death, Chris Brown performed ‘Man In The Mirror’ as a tribute to the late musical icon
- Chris Brown’s first number-one single was called Run It.
- Chris Brown’s favourite game is Grand Theft Auto San Andreas.
- Chris Brown is the owner of 14 Burger King restaurants
- The rapper’s stage name Tyga came from his childhood nickname Little Tiger Woods and stands for Thank You God Always.
- Tyga recorded his first single at the age of 12 in his bedroom closet
- Tyga toured with Gym Class Heroes when he was still an undiscovered artist
- Tyga is of Vietnamese and Jamaican descent
- Tyga got his first tattoo when he was 14 years old