- Charlie Puth’s full name is Charles Otto “Charlie” Puth Jr.
- Charlie Puth was discovered in 2009, Charlie set up his ‘CharliesVlogs’ YouTube Channel, where he uploaded videos of him covering hit songs
- Charlie Puth graduated from Berklee College Of Music on a full scholarship
- Charlie Puth never attended his High School prom
- Charlie Puth’s mother introduced him to classical music and began teaching him the piano at age 4.
- Although famously known by his stage name ‘Aitch’, his real name is Harrison James Armstrong
- Before he rose to fame, Aitch worked with his Grandad as a labourer
- Aitch first emerged onto the music scene in 2015 when a video of him rapping on YouTube started to gain traction.
- Aitch’s breakthrough single “Straight Rhymez” has over 24 million views on Youtube
- Aitch has 6.3M monthly Spotify listeners
- Tyga’s real name is Michael Ray Stevenson
- He chose ‘Tyga’ as his nickname because his mother used to call him “Little Tiger Woods.”
- Tyga signed a recording contract with Young Money Entertainment, Cash Money Records and Republic Records in 2008
- Tyga has over 50 tattoos on his body
- Tyga first became a Grammy – Award-nominated rapper for Deuces in 2011
- JID’s real name is Destin Choice Route
- JID is signed to J. Cole’s Dreamville Records and Interscope Records
- JID is also a member of the hip-hop supergroup Zoink Gang, with Smino, Buddy, and Guapdad 4000.
- JID adopted the moniker JID from his grandmother’s nickname for him based on his “jittery” behaviour.
- JID grew up listening to Earth, Wind and Fire before shifting to the 1990s New York hip-hop scene and rappers such as Jay-Z, Nas, and Mobb Deep.
- DJ Khaled has a line of luxury furniture that he started in 2018
- The celebrity that Khaled wishes he could have met is Bob Marley – he is a huge fan of reggae music and culture.
- DJ Khaled was a member of the Terror Squad, which was headed by another pair of hip hop brothers, Fat Joe and Big Pun.
- Khaled is DJ Khaled’s first and last name.
- Throughout DJ Khaled’s career, he had used many monikers including “Arab Attack,” “Big Dog Pitbull,” “Terror Squadian,” “Beat Novacane,” “The Don Dada,
- Sihle Sithole, commonly known as Blxckie, is a South African rapper.
- Blxckie has 420.8k monthly listeners on Spotify
- Blxckie’s musical interest started at the age of 8, recording music together with his friends
- In early 2021, Blxckie was named Apple Music’s Up Next artist.
- Blxckie took home Best Rap Album at the 28th SAMAs in 2022
- DJ Sliqe’s real name is Lutendo Kungoane
- In 2013 DJ Sliqe released his first single that he co-produced with Sipho ’Psyfo’ Ngwenya, which he considers to be his ‘big break’
- In 2020, DJ Sliqe was appointed by Sony Music Entertainment Africa as the Head of Hip-Hop/R&B at Sony Music Entertainment south Africa
- Dj Sliqe says he wanted to increase the volume of dream hip hop collaborations, filling the gaps and feeding the hungry hip hop nation.”
- Dj Sliqe dropped out of university to pursue his music career
- Brent Faiyaz’s real name is Christoper Brent Wood
- Brent Faiyaz started creating music when he was 12 years old
- Brent Faiyaz made his debut in 2014 when he uploaded his EP titled ‘Black Child’ onto SoundCloud
- Rose to fame after being featured on the GoldLink single ‘’Crew’’ alongside Shy Glizzy in 2016, which earned him a nomination for the Grammy Award for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration
- He is head of the label Lost Kids LLC
- Senior Oat is a South African DJ and producer
- Senior Oat says that he has chosen to make the bulk of his music gospel-inspired, and he attributes this to his ‘’upbringing in church’’
- Senior Oat has worked with musicians such as Sir Bless and Kemy Chienda
- Senior Oat’s ‘All In You’ has been listed as one of iTunes Top South African songs
- Senior Oat has over 70k Youtube subscribers, and over 178k monthly listeners on Spotify
- Doja Cat is one of the few female rappers to have a net worth of over a million dollars at such a young age.
- Doja Cat started playing the piano at the age of four and took lessons in jazz, hip-hop, and ballet when she turned six.
- Doja Cat’s zodiac sign is Sagittarius
- One of Doja Cat’s biggest influencers is the artist ILOVEMAKONNEN.
- Doja Cat studied business and psychology for three years at the Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, but she dropped out because she felt like it wasn’t the right path for her.
- Future has been dubbed by Billboard as the ‘Future of the Music’
- Future became the first artist to ever knock out his own album (FUTURE) from the number 1 spot to replace it with yet another album of his (HNDRXX)
- Future became the only musician in Billboard’s history to ever debut two back-to-back #1 albums
- Future’s cousin, Rico Wade, introduced him to music and rapping at a young age
Future wrote the hook for Ludacris’ “Blueberry Yum Yum.”
- Lil Tjay was born Tione Jayden Merritt
- Lil Tjay rose to prominence in 2018 with his song “Resume”, and signed to Columbia Records later that year.
- Lil Tjay has 16.3M monthly listeners on Spotify
- Lil Tjay is considered one of the prominent faces of the New York Drill scene
- Lil Tjay is signed to Columbia Records
- Blaq Diamond is a South African Afro-Pop duo signed to Umuthi Records
- In 2010, Blaq Diamond met while on a school trip where they participated in a rap cypher on the school bus
- Blaq Diamond released their debut album titled Inqola in 2017, which became their first iTunes number one.
- In 2019, Blaq Diamond received ‘SAMA Record of The Year’ for their single ‘Ibhanoyi’
- Blaq Diamond has 279.8K monthly listeners on Spotify
- Although she is famously known by her stage name, Sha Sha’s real name is Charmaine Shamiso Mapimbiro
- Sha Sha is a Zimbabwean-South African singer who has been named the ‘Amapiano Queen’
- Sha Sha has 210k monthly listeners on Spotify
- Sha Sha is from a small town known as Mutare in Zimbabwe
- Sha Sha joined her first choir when she was 12 years old where she sang soprano
- Lizzo’s flute has taken on its own identity after she called it Sasha Flute, inspired by Beyoncé’s alter ego Sasha Fierce.
- Lizzo got together with the legendary Prince back in 2014 for his album ‘Plectrumelectrum’, where she featured on his song ‘Boytrouble’
- When Lizzo was in high school, she formed a rap group with her friends called Cornrow Clique
- Lizzo’s zodiac sign is Taurus
- Jay-Z inspired her stage name
- Although she is famously known by her stage name Cardi B, her real name is Belcalis Almánzar
- In November 2015, Cardi B made her musical debut on Jamaican reggae fusion singer Shaggy’s remix to his single “Boom Boom”, alongside fellow Jamaican dancehall singer Popcaan.
- Before rising to fame via Love & Hip Hop New York and ‘Bodak Yellow’, Cardi B pursued a career as an exotic dancer at the age of 18.
- After her rise to fame, Cardi B invested in some dental work and Cardi B’s new teeth before and after were revealed during season seven of Love And Hip-Hop New York
- Although Cardi B has multiple cars, she has admitted that she does not have a driver’s license and does not know how to drive