MEGAN THEE STALLION
- Megan has been writing her own raps since she was 14 years old
- Megan credits The Notorious BIG as own of her biggest influencers
- Megan’s nickname ‘The Stallion’ comes from her height
- Megan Thee Stallion attended Texas Southern University in Houston, Texas. She entered her third year of studying in September 2019 and graduated in 2021.
- Megan Thee Stallion’s alter ego is Tina Snow
- Before seriously pursuing his rap career, J.I.D played football in college in Virginia
- J.I.D got kicked out of college
- J.I.D Believes Self-Knowledge is Crucial
- J.I.D has an interest in producing motion-picture films.
- J.I.D Prefers Cartoon Network over both Disney Channel and Nickelodeon
- Although he is famously known by his stage name, Post Malone’s real name is Austin Richard Post
- Post Malone has a face tattoo under his eyes that says ‘’Always Tired’’
- Post started learning how to play the guitar by playing the famous game ‘’Guitar Hero’’
- Post started writing lyrics when he was 16 years old
- Post Malone started his career as a wedding DJ
- Drake’s real name is Aubrey Drake Graham
- Drake dropped out of high school to pursue his career in acting
- Drake initially became known for playing the character Jimmy Brooks on the Canadian teen television drama series Degrassi: The Next Generation
- Drake has a huge tattoo of Aaliyah’s face inked on his back alongside his mother, grandmother and uncle.
- Drake founded his own record label, OVO Sound, in 2012, but was still signed to Young Money.
- Burna Boy, popularly known as Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu, was born on July 2, 1991
- Burna’s latest album ‘Love, Damini’ became the highest charting Nigerian album in history
- Burna Boy has been nicknamed ‘African Giant’
- Burna Boy’s current manager is his mother, Bose Ogulu.
- Burna Boy’s first album sold over 50 000 copies in a day
- Blxckie took home Best Rap Album at the 28th SAMAs in 2022
- His collaboration with Lucasraps on Big Time Sh’lappa has over 2 million views
- Blxckie went to an all boys’ high school
- In 2020, Blxckie found himself “stuck” in Johannesburg when the country went on a 21-day lockdown, but later said it was a “blessing”.
- In early 2021, Blxckie was named Apple Music’s Up Next artist.
- Her full name is Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter
- Beyonce is the most nominated and awarded woman in Grammy history
- Beyonce wrote her hit song ‘Crazy In Love’ in just two hours
- Beyoncé’s daughter, Blue Ivy, is the youngest ever person to appear on a Billboard chart
- Beyonce’s career began when she was only 7 years old, when she won a local talent show in Houston, Texas
- Inkabi Nation’s members consist of Big Zulu, Mduduzi Ncube, Lwah Ndlunkulu, Siya Ntuli and Xowla
- South African Hip Hop sensation Big Zulu is the owner of Inkabi Nation records
- Lwah Ndlunkulu is the First Lady of Inkabi Nation
- Inkabi Nation’s song ‘Voicemail’ has over 3.4M views on Youtube
- Inkabi nation’s sound is a blend of hip hop and maskandi
- Tyga’s real name is Michael Ray Stevenson
- He chose ‘Tyga’ as his nickname because his mother used to call him “Little Tiger Woods.”
- Tyga recorded his first song in his closet when he was 12 years old
- According to Tyga, he is a true Scorpio – loyal and passionate
- Tyga directs his own music videos
- Lizzo’s real name is Melissa Vivianne Jefferson
- Lizzo is a classically trained musician
- Lizzo’s flute has taken on its own identity after she called it Sasha Flute, inspired by Beyoncé’s alter ego Sasha Fierce.
- Lizzo graduated from the University of Houston
- Lizzo got together with the legendary Prince back in 2014 for his album ‘Plectrumelectrum’, where she featured on his song ‘Boytrouble’
- Future’s stage name was born when members of the hip-hop musical collective, The Dungeon Family, called him “The Future.”
- Future legally changed his last name to Cash.
Before he was Future, he was known as Meathead of Da Connect.
Future’s third album, DS2, released in July 2015, earned him his first #1 on the Billboard 200.
As a kid, Future learned the lyrics to all of Too $hort’s songs.
- Blaq Diamond is a South African Afropop duo from Ladysmith, KwaZulu-Natal
- Blaq Diamond consists of Ndumiso Mdletshe and Sphelele Dunywa who are better known as Ndu and Danya
- Ndu and Danya were both born in 1994
- Ndu and Danya met in 2010 on a school trip
- Blaq Diamond has 279.8K monthly listeners on Spotify
- DJ Slique’s real name is Lutendo Kungoane
- DJ Slique has 58.9k monthly Spotify listeners
- DJ Slique was an ‘A’ student in both primary and high school
- While DJ Slique was at university, he taught himself how to DJ and mix beats
- Dj Slique dropped out of university to pursue his music career
- Polo G’s real name is Taurus Tremani Bartlett
- Polo G scored his first No. 1 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 with “Rapstar.”
- Polo G grew up listening to artists like Gucci Mane, Lil Wayne, and Tupac, and said that he tried rapping as a hobby at first.
- Before pursuing a career in music, Polo G had planned to go to university to study to become a sports broadcaster
- Although he is famously known as Fivio Foreign, his real name is Maxie Lee Ryles III
- Fivio Foreign rose to fame in 2019 with his single “Big Drip”
- Fivio Foreign is signed to fellow New York rapper Mase’s RichFish Records and Columbia Records
- Fivio Foreign is also known as Lite Fivio and Fivie
- Fivio Foreign began his music career in 2013 when he formed a music collective called ‘’800 Foreign Side’’
- Senior Oat is a South African DJ and producer
- Senior Oat says that he has chosen to make the bulk of his music gospel-inspired, and he attributes this to his ‘’upbringing in church’’
- Senior Oat says that God has given him a talent for making music, and all he wants to do is ‘’bring Him glory’’
- Senior Oat has 178.1K monthly listeners.
- Senior Oat has worked with musicians such as Sir Bless and Kemy Chienda